1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: 2017 Nissan Altima

Sorry to hear about break-up.

Best of luck with mids !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Two words - Fit. Teen.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #13

A little hiss is indeed common when using the factory headunit. Mine ha a little hiss when the H800 is turned all the way up and the factory headunit volume is used. If I set the headunit to its calibrated setting and used the RUX knob, I get no hiss.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

yup, i suspected that - i think i can get around it if i up all the amp gains just a bit and go slightly lower on the head unit, but honestly i don't ever even notice it anymore, it's not too bad. i had thought of using the knob on the DSR1 for volume but i like having my steering wheel controls for volume, and it's been great having a sub level knob again.

daniel, no teens haha kidding. feel free to ship those GZ's to me!

5. Back To Top    #15

I only use the RUX volume at a comp, you cannot hear the hiss once the music starts, or you are driving.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

gb60's on the way

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Heck yeah! Audiofrog is on top of some customer service.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

new stuff today!!

car got tinted, i did 20% with xpel ceramic

gb60's arrived today while car was getting tinted...

to be fair, these really don't sound super different from the gs60's at normal volumes. it seemed like they had a touch more midbass and sounded a little more snappy, but not really huge differences there. i think the gs60's are excellent drivers especially at their price point, if one of mine wasn't bad i think i probably would've stuck with that set.

the biggest difference is when you turn it to 11...i've never had a midbass stay so composed while blasting so much output. the l6v2's in the fit were pretty nice (admittedly not known for having the absolute greatest midbass - lots of emphasis on midrange there) and i would say those were the most impressive midbass set i've owned, but they don't have anything on these gb60's. these things just sound absolutely fantastic at any volume you can reach for. my goal was to get something i could really crank up for some fun once in awhile without worrying about breaking things and these are absolutely perfect with that in mind

i did a quick bit of tuning (finally) and got some of the eq dialed in. the subs sound much better now, they were pretty peaky around 40-50hz in my car, i got that all toned down so the subs are mostly flat, and i got the midbass dialed in at the crossover so they meet up fairly well. i worked on getting a smoother curve throughout the rest of the range, far from perfect but i was able to get rid of a few small peaks and dips here and there and it sounds a bit better. i also got the l/r curves matching fairly well so the image is a lot more stable. i'll post some pics some other time once i get some more work done in this area, it's been too hot lately to want to go outside and work on this stuff. i'm super stoked that i can jam out on the highway without my passenger side midbass going to shit, though.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is awesome!

Now it's time to get some pimp azz wheels for that whip!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

10. Back To Top    #20
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

haha, i've been thinking i'd like to get these, they're from the altima sr midnight edition which adds a few blacked out parts on the exterior (wheels, trunk lid spoiler, and i think has smoked tail lights?)...i don't want anything super flashy, but these are alright, much better than the steelies & hubcaps but look oem (because they are). i suspect they'll be hard to find for a decent price, though, and i'm not totally certain i want black wheels, dark gray/gunmetal-ish may be better