Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Center image help.

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Center image help.

Besides, you can always revert back to the rew settings ifn ya fuck up to bad! I couldn't posses such a powerful eq without playing, learning, and hopefully eventually using it to its full capabilities. Man, talk about many hours of tuning........that would be sweet!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Wouldn't that be kind've like using a power drill to install a screw, only you've unplugged the power and your turning the drill around by hand?

Sent from my Springfield XD with love!

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Stu
    Vehicle
    '02 Honda Accord

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    Besides, you can always revert back to the rew settings ifn ya fuck up to bad! I couldn't posses such a powerful eq without playing, learning, and hopefully eventually using it to its full capabilities. Man, talk about many hours of tuning........that would be sweet!
    Lol
    Considering I tune with the air and the engine off sounds like many hours of sweating to me. But it's necessary I suppose.

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Fricasseekid View Post
    Wouldn't that be kind've like using a power drill to install a screw, only you've unplugged the power and your turning the drill around by hand?

Hey, ifn ya don't like the results said power drill is giving ya, you should find a regular screwdriver....... sometimes the best results are achieved the hard way........now if the drill (rew) was nailing it and satisfying your needs (ears) then taking the longer and more complicated route wouldn't be necessary.

5. Back To Top    #15

And, the" technically correct" settings aren't always what sounds the best. If they sounded awesome, then a rta would be the only tuning tool needed......ears are always the variable.

6. Back To Top    #16

And I know what you mean by sweating........its unbelievable how much difference a lil bit of background noise will make. My stage also changes drastically windows up vs. windows down.

7. Back To Top    #17

Try to play test tones from let's say 125Hz to 16kHz and take notes of where your sound is coming from - Slightly left of center (SLC), Left of center (LOC), Phase problem Right (PPR), etc...
    Then you'll know which freq you need to focus on...

Kelvin

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    Lots of 'em!

Be careful using tones for that as they can set up modes in the room during the process. I prefer to augment with bandlimited pink noise.
    Does a tone sweep through the midrange stay in the same spot or does it wander? If you turn <off> your midbass, does the same swap sound tighter and more focused?
    Are the output levels to both fullrange the same?
    界王