Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weshole's Higlander build

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Weshole's Higlander build

I also found out that the bass response (vehicle wise) isnt great. Meaning no matter what I use for sub stage, I just dont get the output I want no matter what I use for substage. Oh well.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Man, blast from the past right there. Those Massive Audio components were actually quite surprising on how detailed they sounded. To me, at least. Very curious how you like that amplifier. Had a QC15 paired with two sets of those comps, and man they jammed.

Do you think some Summo 8's might get a bit louder?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Man, blast from the past right there. Those Massive Audio components were actually quite surprising on how detailed they sounded. To me, at least. Very curious how you like that amplifier. Had a QC15 paired with two sets of those comps, and man they jammed.

Do you think some Summo 8's might get a bit louder?
    So far, Ive had 2 Hippo 8's (which are a step up from the sumo's), two DD 8's, and Two 12" Toro X's. all powered by my Zapco 2k which has plenty of power. Its definitely the vehicle.
    You're right about the massive comps. They jam. I have used this very pair of Massive Comps and loved them so much I kept them. They are very pleasing to my ears. A little bright on thg high end but, I can tune that down.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Wes,
    A JL 13TW5-3 will give you a thin very wide box! (.85-.95 cu. ft)Just a thought , concentric circles allow for a shallow configuration, box can be aimed up or towards rear lift gate (think best sound or output)
    Last edited by Hic; 02-02-2019 at 08:33 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Down-firing would be an option, some pointed cones would work well.Two of the 10TW3D4 (.6 cu. ft. ) would allow for better output and lower ohmage wiring!
    Last edited by Hic; 02-02-2019 at 09:42 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Dayton Audio DSS4 ,parts express will make the air in vehicle the primary means of subwoofer sound -vs- the vibrations transmitted via box interactiom with floor. Think "Clear/clean" notes!

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Wes, if you prefer depth in your box over heighth , the JL W7's ( 8 ) have major output !

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Wes,
    A JL 13TW5-3 will give you a thin very wide box! (.85-.95 cu. ft)Just a thought , concentric circles allow for a shallow configuration, box can be aimed up or towards rear lift gate (think best sound or output)
    Down-firing would be an option, some pointed cones would work well.Two of the 10TW3D4 (.6 cu. ft. ) would allow for better output and lower ohmage wiring!
    Dayton Audio DSS4 ,parts express will make the air in vehicle the primary means of subwoofer sound -vs- the vibrations transmitted via box interactiom with floor. Think "Clear/clean" notes!
    Wes, if you prefer depth in your box over heighth , the JL W7's ( 8 ) have major output !
    Changing subs will not change the issue. All of these aforementioned combinations are currently in other vehicles with less power and perform as intended. It is DEFINITELY vehicle related. I will experiment with enclosure placement and see if that helps. Im pretty sure I already know the answer. Lol. Its too bad I like this vehicle as much as I do or it would be replaced already.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by weshole View Post
    3 of Jacob Fuller`s Sundown subwoofers might impress you! Youtube
    In this box, ported is his forte!
    Last edited by Hic; 02-10-2019 at 09:41 AM.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Does reversing the wires to sub affect the perceived sound amount? Corner loading @ 65 Hz and down might better be attempted in a space that is "larger" , jumbo jet would work well. How much TA / time delay do you use?(subwoofer)
    Is everything you are using pushing the apparent sound out onto the front hood of your vehicle?{ Phase/TA/equalizing }