Thread: 2013 TDi Audio Upgrade OEM Appearance

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Zac
    Vehicle
    Touareg

2013 TDi Audio Upgrade OEM Appearance

Guys
    Just wanted to post this up. I have always been a DIY guy, but with my job and family now I have had zero time for extra activities. Handing my new ride over to somebody else was really hard to do, but I had to be honest with myself and acknowledge some of my limitations. I have wanted a Touareg TDi for some time and after a couple years of putting in some brutal hours I wanted to reward myself. I knew that with my shortcomings I would have not been able to produce an install this clean. I have had some great systems in the past, but for this ride it had to be perfect. I have been watching Bing at SIS for a couple years now and have been a fan. His addition of JOey has been a huge asset and their skill sets really compliment each other. Bing and JOey really delivered here. I love the install and after some very mild tweaking have been extremely impressed with the SQ.

I have always been a fan of the largest midbass possible and going for a 15 for sub duty ( dialed way back-- nice and clean at low levels and extra sauce when I want it ). Bing and I spent alot of time going back and forth over some of the product and while I had my reservations about a few things I decided that I would trust him. We went with the Elate MW6's in the doors and an Illusion 10xl for sub duties. I had no doubts about the Mosconi products or the Morels in the pillars. I just was not sure if I would be happy with 6's in the doors and a smaller sub. Factoring in that I wanted as stock of an appearance as possible I decided I would relent and go with Bings recommendations on the MW6's and the 10xl. The funny thing about bass is you always want a little more. After a solid week of driving and really listening I am extremely happy with the results. The fit and finish of the install speaks for itself, but I thought I would be compromising and it turned out I could not have been more wrong. The Illusion 10xl really delivers. The sound stage is unlike anything I have been able to create. I just can't thank Bing and JOey enough. They have something special going on over there in Milpitas.

http://www.clubtouareg.com/forums/f4...ade-88176.html

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Tim
    Vehicle
    1993 Dodge Dakota, 2003 Subaru Outback

Re: 2013 TDi Audio Upgrade OEM Appearance

WOW. That is beautiful. Looks OEM as FUCK, and I'm sure it sounds good.

Nice car too, I like those Touaregs.
    Please leave your comments in the box outside my door, right underneath the sign that reads: Shame T. Llama, phD. Your thoughts are very important to me!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Zac
    Vehicle
    Touareg

Re: 2013 TDi Audio Upgrade OEM Appearance

THANK YOU! I really LOVE driving the Touareg. Might have been the hardest part about the whole deal-- handing it off for nearly 3 weeks. I remember thinking... I will be pumped to have a system, but I really miss driving this thing. Been wanting a TDi for the longest time. Just love the performance and the economy.
    I am so fucking rad I shit rainbows