Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Premium Sound System for a Premium Car, (it only took 20 years for her to get it).

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: A Premium Sound System for a Premium Car, (it only took 20 years for her to get i

And just for the hell of it here are coaxail's (the 5.25 anyways) and the subs I'm going to use.

Nakamichi SP-C525 coaxials

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0439.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	939

Name:	DSCF0443.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	940

Name:	DSCF0442.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	941

Nakamichi SP-W104S Subs

Name:	DSCF0433.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	942

Name:	DSCF0436.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	943

Name:	DSCF0437.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	944
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 08-01-2013 at 03:47 PM. Reason: fixed image links

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: A Premium Sound System for a Premium Car, (it only took 20 years for her to get i

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Does that headunit have a cassette deck? I spy a door.
    Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    IT DOES! I see the dubly logo!
    That's was one of the main features that drew me in other than the rather impressive built in DSP. Another was the fact that the amp section is taken straight from the 880PRS and it's preamp is a slightly scaled down version of the one in the 880PRS as well.
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 08-01-2013 at 03:19 PM.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

No built progress yet, I have to replace the rear air shocks and springs so all build plans are on hold. Though I have spent some time messing with my HU's EQ and T/A settings. The 13 band EQ has really helped in adjusting from the tweeter positions in the doors and after getting some help (again thanks Woosey and Fric) I've gotten the T/A pretty much where I want it. Well that is until I get the amp installed, we'll see what the Naks do when they get 95 watts as apposed to 15-22watts. Also I've been fairly impressed with the Pio's tape deck and not just with the features like track skip and blank space skip but with the actual transport section. A clean tape on this deck sounds as good as a CD, the Dolby filter (as usual) is hit or miss. If the tape was mastered with Dolby it works pretty damn well if not it just sounds dull.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

After some deliberating I decided to snag a pair of Nakamichi PC-5200 crossover that had been floating around on ebay for the past two months. I decided to run my Nak coaxials in "comp" mode as it states in their literature, they have two discreet binding terminals (for tweeter and woofer) that can allow them to be attached to an external crossover. These guys should help the overall sound a lot more than the simple 1st order crossover that they came with. Installation pics to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383800427578.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	1551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383800440921.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	1552   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1383800459422.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	1553  
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 11-07-2013 at 08:02 AM.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Very nice upgrade!!!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

I was going to install the passives this past week but temps went back into the low teens and I decided that I can wait till spring to mess with that noise. Though I did do one very simple and free mod before I left for work earlier this week. I removed the crossover for the tweets on the rear 6x9's thus disabling all but the midbass (something I had been meaning to do for a while). Damn did that help my staging, now instead of the stage sounding like it's behind my seat it's directly in it/slightly in front of it. Now I just need to pull the HU out and fix the original owners botched wiring job. Anyways, the real news is I secured a SS 700sx chassis to put my miniDSP 2x8 in so I've got some fab work I can do in the comfort of my own basement now. More to come and news at 11.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I didn't know you already ordered the miniDSP. This build is coming together very nicely. And quite classy too

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

I haven't ordered it yet. I will have to do some modding to the amp chassis for the 8 rca outputs (and the 2 inputs) and I need to wire them up so I can just mount the board and plug and play. It also needs to get powder coated and new lettering applied.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is going to be super! So clean and stealthy.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: A Premium Sound System for a Premium Car

Well it seems like things have really starting to come together on this build since I snagged that 700sx chassis.

May I present for your viewing pleasure my brand new Class A/B 5 Channel Monster Amp, the Soundstream REF5.1000.

Name:	DSCF0518.JPG 
Views:	335 
Size:	2.32 MB 
ID:	1936

Name:	DSCF0512.JPG 
Views:	279 
Size:	2.47 MB 
ID:	1938

Name:	DSCF0509.JPG 
Views:	300 
Size:	2.38 MB 
ID:	1939

Name:	DSCF0513.JPG 
Views:	303 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	1940

Name:	DSCF0514.JPG 
Views:	298 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	1941

Name:	DSCF0515.JPG 
Views:	308 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	1942

This amp is down right sexy in person and it's fit and finish is second to none. Everything is lined up perfectly, no gaps, no crooked lettering/badges, nothing looks cheap or tacked on. Hell even the Soundstream badge is chromed metal like the originals. It's also one heavy mother fucker, honestly unpacked it had to weight about 25 pounds easy.The paint finish is also very nice though in low light it looks like a very dark blue as apposed to the brighter blue shown on Soundstreams web site.

It also came with a Soundstream Iron On graphic, maybe it will find a home on the back of my CAJ T-Shirt.

Name:	DSCF0523.JPG 
Views:	301 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	1945

Also on an aside The manual was a fun read, not only does it give a nice rundown on setting up and calibrating the amp it also has a sense of humor. Check out the last two issues in on the troubleshooting page.

Name:	DSCF0525.JPG 
Views:	333 
Size:	2.93 MB 
ID:	1944
    Last edited by Hi-FiDelity; 02-02-2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Pictures were no loading properly