Thread: Blast from the past! SpeakerWorks/USD Audio A-6.0 Testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Blast from the past! SpeakerWorks/USD Audio A-6.0 Testing

Well, after nearly 5 years of having these "loaner" horns from my buddy Ashley, I finally got around to testing the 20-something year old USD Audio A-6.0 horns and even had a word or two of input from the designer himself: Eric Holdaway.

I put in roughly 8 hours total in testing and posting these results. I tested these horns to the degree (no pun intended) I've never tested before: full 180 degree sweeps at 15 degree intervals in both the horizontal and vertical axes. This was necessary to show how the shape of the waveguide, at least in the horizontal axes, alter the response. From this, you can tell a lot about why and what the purpose was (ie; 2-seat cars).

The owner said he thinks he has the original EQ parts somewhere, so maybe I'll revisit this later. But for now, I'm donezo! Enjoy!

http://medleysmusings.com/blast-from...a-6-0-testing/

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Blast from the past! SpeakerWorks/USD Audio A-6.0 Testing

Yeah, these could bring a waterfall of sound
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

I pretty sure these were the drivers used in first SQ competition vehicle I ever listened to. I think it was around 1997 in Ohio and it was a red caddy eldorado... Larry C... Had full Pioneer ODR set up & Dyn midbasses in the kicks. I'm sure some of you know the car and the person...

This really sparked my interests in SQ in a car. I was 21.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Sweet, nice to see how a typical horn compares to the fare of today. Thanks for doing the tests and posting results bud.