Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Password spoofing emails

1. Back To Top    #1

Password spoofing emails

False alarm- DIYMA email looks legit and I didn't go to Audio Junkies to check that legitimacy as I can't remember using the site. ha!

That being said, it's always healthy to distrust emails until they can be verified actually coming from the organization in question. Colleague got hit with a BBT phishing email and my mom was pulled in by a Microsoft phone call that bricked her computer.

FYI to all, I received a "message from admin" indicating that the admin "reset my password" with a spoof link/email address. I blew it off until I received another today from the DIYMA folks as well. Don't know who's hacking audio forums, but just a warning to never trust random emails from accounts you have, weather they be forums, financial, or shopping sites.
    Last edited by slade1274; 06-23-2016 at 02:14 PM.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Password spoofing emails

Yeah, apparently one of Diyma's sister sites go hacked, so now they're requiring that all the members change their password. I don't know if the email you got was from them, or some hacker.

Have you recieved anything supposedly from here?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I just checked and I also have a password reset from my old Honda forum, so it appears that all sites owned by Autoguide are sending out PW resets

4. Back To Top    #4

Yea, I think the one a couple weeks ago was from CAJ- I checked and MY password worked fine so obviously you didn't reset it for me. Today's was "from" DIYMA (but I don't think it was from them)

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Well, if anybody else gets a password reset notification from here or MSS, please let me know.

6. Back To Top    #6

went back and found it.... just audio junkies, not CAJ. Sorry for the false alarm regarding YOUR security, but still a good message to send out every so often.

7. Back To Top    #7

Think the Diyma email is legit. I just got it, and now can not log in there with my old password?

8. Back To Top    #8

Indeed- this whole thread is a false alarm. But it's always a good policy to distrust email.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Daaaaaaagnabbit!

10. Back To Top    #10
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

What's annoying is that I had already changed my password due to that hack, then the admin reset it so I had to change it again.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix