Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How loud does it need to be, in terms of SQ

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Re: How loud does it need to be, in terms of SQ

Not gong to cancel midbass due to "aiming" unless you install the driver backwards on the baffle and not invert the polarity.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Interesting. I see now why these fancy processors are becoming more of a priority. My level of tuning capability in the past was strictly via the head units, and did not have individual attenuation ability available in them.

I'm digging it. Carry on, wise gentlemen!
    Once you go there, you can never go back. I used to consider the 99RS excessive. Now if I had to go without a DSP, the 99RS is the only head unit I could consider if it's going to run alone.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Seperate gains , on tweeters , is the cat's meow !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

With all the drivers in my 4-way having what I consider average sensitivity for standard speakers I have more than enough power to run myself out of the truck. That's with a rated 120x6 and 340x1 with a matching pair of Mosconi One 120.4's. I'm running Audible Physics ar20 3/4" tweets, Ram 2.5"? midrange and 6.5" midbass, and a plain sealed Arc 10. Did a demo for a buddy of mine the other day and holy balls it got loud in there and my gains could stand to go up quite a bit more. I like having more power than I'll ever need so my amps don't have near the opportunity to run out of steam on transient peaks. All my music is lossless. In my opinion for the masses 100 watts per front driver is plenty for the most part and 300-400 is plenty or a single "nothing special" sub.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.