Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2003 F150 Harley Davidson SC

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Michael Myers
    Vehicle
    2016 Scion im

Re: 2003 F150 Harley Davidson SC

Wow. Looks great man. You have some serious skills.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle
    2004 Monte Carlo, 2003 F150 Harley Davidson Edition

So I've been pushing real hard to try and get this install finished and it's starting to show by not getting the results I want. Some of it I'm happy with and some...not so much. So I'm taking the long weekend off to regroup and pick up on it next week.
    Got some 4 way stretch vinyl from Albright's. Stuff works better than I expected.

Fans to pull air through box. This is one of the things I'm not pleased with.

Carpet added.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle

Lights on

Made a Harley shield a while back and thought it would add a little to the box

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Dang, Kelly...that's outstanding work! What is it about the fans you don't like? Sound, looks, or both?

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Dang, Kelly...that's outstanding work! What is it about the fans you don't like? Sound, looks, or both?
    I don't like the hinge being exposed and I don't think the top panel looks right there. I'll leave it for now but already looking at how to change it.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Tympanic Assault Vehicle Darkrider's Avatar
    Real Name
    Forrest
    Vehicle
    2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2015 KIA Forte5 SX

You could go with a concealed, face-frame hinge, like this one maybe.... http://www.amazon.com/Blum-Inset-3-W.../dp/B005MXBQJ4
    2010 Camaro SS: Pioneer DEX-P99RS & Pioneer AVH-X7500BT - Focal KRX2 - JL Audio 13w6v2 - Mosconi AS200.4 (x2) - Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 - Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
    2015 Kia Forte 5 SX: Pioneer DEX-P99RS & Pioneer AVH-X7500BT - Focal KRX2 - JL Audio 13w6v2 - Mosconi AS200.4 (x2)

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Beautiful work. Though I'm a Victory rider myself I love a good themed job. Hehehe

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle

Well, I hope I'm on the right track with this build again.Every time I think I take a step forward I take 2 back. If it doesn't pan outthis time I give up. I tossed the pods for the Pioneer mid and tweet. 2reasons, as it turns out one of the mids kept popping so I guess it is blown orfixing to, the other reason is after looking at the pods for a while I began tohate them because they looked like I had rear view mirrors inside truck. Thatbeing said I'm also sick of hacking up pillars and molding things in. So Idecided to go the bolt on pod route. I lost the pics that showed how I madethem. Basically I got some 4" Styrofoam balls and glassed over them andthe speaker baffles. I dug through my closet and found my old AP NZ3 widebandspeakers. I wanted to add a little personal touch to the pods and made somesmall Harley Davidson logo's and glued them to the back of the pods so you cansee them through the windshield. I made some bigger logo's to make some speakergrills. The ring was too thin and one broke so I need to make some more.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle

So I had to rebuild the sub box/ amp rack because the vinyljust would not stick no matter what I did, too many curves in the wrong place Iguess. This one will be a lot lower profile compared to the last one. So Istarted with a full scale cardboard template like always.

The Helix will be mounted on the back of the box cause Ireally didn't want to mount it under the back seat where it would be visible.

Cut out the slots for the wiring.

How the amps will be placed, still staggered.

I'll be off from work all this next week so I'm hoping toget this thing wrapped up by next weekend, fingers crossed. Still have a lot todo as well as doing a few mods to my Monte since I'm off.

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle

Test fitting everything together. Still have a few things to address but hopefully I can tear it down to paint and cover with vinyl and carpet.