Thread: Time alignment

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Time alignment

If I time align my system for the drivers seat, are all other seating positions going to have a horrible listening experience? When you guys do competitions, do you put their test disk or whatever on, and then let them sit in the driver's seat, or do they listen from the passenger seat, or how does that all work?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Time alignment

I make the payments, so it's set for me. You will find very, very few people who will notice. 99.9% of folks out there have no clue how it's supposed to sound.

The comps have classes for 1 seat or 2.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    If I time align my system for the drivers seat, are all other seating positions going to have a horrible listening experience? When you guys do competitions, do you put their test disk or whatever on, and then let them sit in the driver's seat, or do they listen from the passenger seat, or how does that all work?
    It won't sound horrible for them but the driver's seat will sound better.

At comps or meets the judge or the person getting the demo usually/always sits in the driver's seat during the judging or demo.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #4

Tis true, everyone sits in the drivers seat for listening......passenger seat sounds like ass, well, to someone who has sat in the drivers seat anyways....lol. The passenger seat has decent tonality....just no stage, and easy driver localization, as in everything comes from yer sides speakers.....

5. Back To Top    #5

not sure if you've seen this but if not, it might be worth a spin to help you get some quick T/A settings...

http://tracerite.com/calc.html