Thread: New to CAJ

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    2018 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS

New to CAJ

Hey everybody. My name is Tony and I live in southern Indiana on the border with Louisville, Ky. I have two boys, 28 and 16, and a fantastic wife of 20 years. I worked in home and car audio and video in the late 80's and 90's. I left retail in 1994 and went to work for a custom carry case manufacturer and have been doing that ever since. But my passion for audio and video has never left.

I've been blessed to build my dream home theater system but sold that house a year ago. I am getting ready to add on to the new house and have a chance to rebuild my dream theater again.

About 4-5 years ago I decided to build a competition system in my truck. I've always been told that I had a great ear and I felt like I had the knowledge and fabrication skills to make it happen and be competitive. I found out pretty quickly that car audio had come a long way since I had left the business and I needed to catch up in my knowledge level. I found DIYMA and over the next year or so spent WAY too much time there, but learned a lot from a lot of great people. I ended up building a fantastic sounding system in my Ridgeline, but stopped short of competing when I got super busy and realized that my competitive nature would drive me to spend time in the hobby that would cause an imbalance in my life.

I sold the Ridgeline several years ago and all of the equipment and have been living with factory systems from Mercedes and Porsche for the last couple of years.

A couple of months ago I traded my Panamera for a 2016 Boxster S. It will be my fun car since a 2014 Ram half ton crew cab is my daily driver. I started researching some basic equipment for what I termed "an upgrade that I could do over a weekend". LOL. Once I got the juices flowing for car audio again I ended up deciding that I wanted my "dream system" in the car. The problem is that I simply have too many commitments to do the build myself. So I found a good fabricator and some experienced tuners, gave instruction on what I was trying to accomplish, and cut them loose. They are getting close to being finished.

A Boxster isn't exactly the vehicle that anyone would choose for a competition system, but at some point I think I would like to enter some comps just to get feedback on how to get the most out of the system. It would also be cool to meet up with some of the guys that I know from the forums and put a face with a screen name.

I am really looking forward to being able to play in the hobby again. I know that I will be spending some time fine tuning and am really looking forward to it. it is good to be around guys with the same passion for music. I hope that I can contribute a littler here and there.

Sorry for the long winded intro, but I believe in proper introductions!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Re: New to CAJ

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Welcome to the best mobile audio forum on the interweb!!!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome, Tony, I hope to pick your brain a little!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Now that's what you call an intro! Welcome aboard.

Just curious, are you also a member of the Ridgeline Owners Club forum?

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Tony
    Vehicle
    2018 Porsche 911 Targa 4 GTS

I am a member of the Ridgline club, but have not been on there in years (since I sold the Ridgeline).

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Welcome!

10. Back To Top    #10

Welcome. Glad you made it.