Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: NC Meet Sept 7...

Real Name
    Alan

NC Meet Sept 7...

Velozity and bertholomey are hosting a meet at Aberdeen Lake Park starting at 9:30AM. There will be food, fun, prizes, and lots of cool car stereos to demo.

Aberdeen Lake Park
    301 Lake Park Crossing
    Aberdeen, NC 28315

We hope to see you there.

2. Back To Top    #71
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Re: NC Meet Sept 7...

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Yesterday was easily the best meet I've been to. Was so awesome meeting Mr. Al and Clay and Steve and getting to hear lots of great installs. Definitely provided inspiration to move forward with two ideas that had been bouncing around.
    Thanks Daniel

It was nice to put some faces to you fellas I've been chatting with on the forums for years

3. Back To Top    #72
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by AL9000 View Post
    Well, after the meet, I'm now looking to rip my whole system out and start from scratch
    Me too...

Kidding...my wife would murder me in my sleep. But if you were up in the NE, I'd be glad to lend you a hand in building it Big Al

I'm actually pretty excited to get the physical kinks worked out with the build so that I can get to hear what this system is actually capable of. Just optimizing the gains alone (without any form of tuning) will make a vast difference in the dynamics. I have plenty of headroom for everything (except maybe the sub....would like more power there, but we'll see). I just need to order a couple more cables so I can get things connected properly and then start wanging out on the tune. I have 2 weeks until the PA state finals so I'm hoping to be ready for that.

4. Back To Top    #73

Damn al, gonna drop back and punt, huh?

5. Back To Top    #74

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Looks like a great time! Thanks for the thoughts and prayers for my Grandmother, apparently they worked, she is doing better than she has in a very, very long time. Not sure if it's a recovery, me visiting or a last hurrah, but it's a great time to be with her. I look forward to the next time this happens, hopefully my life is in a better spot and I can make it. Keep the pics coming!

6. Back To Top    #75
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is great news Mr. Glenn! There was definitely lots of mention about you on Saturday.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

7. Back To Top    #76

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

That means ALOT to me, thank you and everyone that had my family in your thoughts. The last few years has been a rough ride with my Grandmother, but I'd rather deal with a rough ride than not have her here.

So, who's car sounded the best? hehe

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    That is great news Mr. Glenn! There was definitely lots of mention about you on Saturday.

8. Back To Top    #77
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Yeah, I kept checking your FB page to see if you had any updates. I'm glad she's doing better.

9. Back To Top    #78
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That means ALOT to me, thank you and everyone that had my family in your thoughts. The last few years has been a rough ride with my Grandmother, but I'd rather deal with a rough ride than not have her here.

So, who's car sounded the best? hehe

Family's always first Glenn and I'm glad your Grandmother is doing better.

As for the best sound, that could be a topic of hot debate There were so many different, yet excellent sounding cars. It was a great meet with some heavy hitters out there. I liked different cars for different reasons. I loved the staging in Chuck's truck. It sounded very accurate to me and is probably what I'd shoot for on a "competition" type tune. Jay's BRZ was exhilarating and had an unbelievably enjoyable tune that I could listen to everyday. Clay's car was able to sound fantastic and composed even at extreme volume levels. And that's just three of them- Tim and Mike and others had nasty systems as well...So much awesomeness

10. Back To Top    #79

Being that I missed two of the crowd favorites, Mike's and Chuck's......I can't say who's was best. I know there was a lot of buzz about tim's prelude, Jason's brz, and Brian's cavalier. I listened to all three of these, and they were all very good, for different reasons, of course. Steve was a good tune from being in there himself, but he was fighting some early instal clipping troubles.......glad things are going good for yourself and family, and yes, you were thought of and brought up several times......I wish your grandmother continued progress, and hope you have safe travels when you return.

11. Back To Top    #80

Hey capn, ya slid that in while I was typing myself! Thanks for listing me with those guys, that's a heady group......and yes there was so much awesomeness.......it was everywhere!