Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: LittlemissGTO's 2006 GTO

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Re: LittlemissGTO's 2006 GTO

Customer service is a lost art. There are a few places I frequent specifically because they know how to be personable and treat a customer. Not because of their pricing. They sounds like a nice group of people.

Quote Originally Posted by littlemissGTO View Post
    Today I went by the local home theater/audio store to pick up more speaker wire. Those guys are great. When I couldn't give Dwayne an exact amount of feet needed for the rebuild he said, "Here take the roll and bring back what you don't use."

Right now I have 171 feet of speaker wire in my trunk...LOL I know for sure I won't use that much, it's just the fact that he trusts me enough to just hand the spool over to me that makes me feel pretty damned good. While I was there I struck up a cool conversation with a potential customer. Dwayne (salesperson at Music for Pleasure) says, "She puts this kind of great audio in her car." Yes, I had to smile pretty big when he said that. I really can't stress enough how cool these guys I are. I know there are cheaper places I can go to in order to get what I need, but you can't beat handing someone a spool of speaker wire, lending tools, and just saying, "Oh you only owe us for the time we spent putting connectors on your RCAs." These guys will continue to get my business because they are so freaking cool. I also love the fact that they treat me like I'm human and don't look at the fact that right now all I want is stuff for my car. When it comes time for more home stuff, you can bet that's where I'll go to make my purchases.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

What a day ladies and gents. I'm happy to report that I have music. I'm not happy to report that I haven't gone active yet. I plan on ordering a two channel amp when I get back from a trip I have planned, then I will go active. I'm just so happy to have something other than my phone to play music in the car. Even better news is that all the speakers work.

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

I Know that feeling. I remember driving around for about 2 weeks in my 92 civic with nothing but the sound of a 1.8L four banger with 300K+ on the clock, not a good soundtrack.

4. Back To Top    #34

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Thinking this should hold that 701 pretty nicely. I didn't have any gloss black so I painted it with some leftover hammered finish, not the greatest paint job but a quick spray with some gloss black will rock. Made from 1 1/4'' flat stock that's 1/8'' thick. I also drilled two holes for mounting in case you need to move it a little close to the inside of the car.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Keele
    Vehicle
    17 Spark

Did you weld that yourself?

6. Back To Top    #36

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle

Yessir, I have a Lincoln wire feed welder. She was trying to find a spot to put the processor so I offered to fab one up.

Quote Originally Posted by Keele81 View Post
    Did you weld that yourself?

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Keele
    Vehicle
    17 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Yessir, I have a Lincoln wire feed welder. She was trying to find a spot to put the processor so I offered to fab one up.
    Damn good of you of to do so. I use to have a Miller mig & an Lincoln arc, now I've got 3 kids & not much of shit else LOL

8. Back To Top    #38

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle

LOL, well you do have 3 kids, that's a whole other level of awesome! :thumb:

Quote Originally Posted by Keele81 View Post
    Damn good of you of to do so. I use to have a Miller mig & an Lincoln arc, now I've got 3 kids & not much of shit else LOL

9. Back To Top    #39
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Awesome Glenn! Thank you so much. I'm looking forward to getting the install done. I'm almost tempted to stay home a little longer just so I can redo everything.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Another quick update. I got a phone call from Australia last night. The part that I need has been paid for and is being shipped to me. The part was also about $30 cheaper than I was originally quoted.