Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: LittlemissGTO's 2006 GTO

1. Back To Top    #181
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: LittlemissGTO's 2006 GTO

She asked for something she wouldn't be embarrassed to show off at car shows. I guess I did ok. lol
    I was pretty happy with how it was staging (center was pretty well center, with me positioned where I thought
    Shauna's head would be) and the tonality wasn't too bad. I went to tune it some more and my left ear was plugged
    up, and I didn't want to make it worse. Hopefully the ear thing gets better before we swap her tweeters and new mids in,
    and I can do a little better with it. Looking forward to the Avalanche. lol

Jay

2. Back To Top    #182
    Perpetually dissatisfied tRidiot's Avatar
    Real Name
    Danny

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    (center was pretty well center, with me positioned where I thought Shauna's head would be)
    So you were crouched down with the seat pulled all the way forward and your eyes just barely above the steering wheel???

3. Back To Top    #183
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Yeah, I was wondering if you had to temporarily remove the seat

4. Back To Top    #184
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Well it's time for another update.
    One of my GZ tweets let the smoke out during the tuning process so I sent it along with my processor back to be inspected. I also ordered a new set of GZ Plutonium mids because the Focals were damaged (I wonder how I did that...LOL). After getting really really bored one day, I decided to give my hand at installing again.
    One trip to the ER later, the speaker pods that Jay made were modified just enough for the GZ mids to fit and the tweets were installed.

No, the modification of the speaker pods and subsequent installation didn't cause me to make a trip to the ER. Stepping off of a curb and rolling my ankle caused me a trip to the ER. I thought for sure I broke it. That little incident caused me to wait a couple of days before installing the new goodies.
    So I get the speakers installed and I'm all proud of myself until I turn on some music and the one tweet started making noise. I called a friend (thanks Glenn) and he suggested maybe it was a connection issue, I thought with my luck that's probably the case. So I made sure that I didn't push the system until I could get some different connectors. Those connectors had to wait because I installed a new starter on the GTO the following day.
    Yesterday I went by to visit with Jay and to see if the HU I wanted was in stock. It's his fault that I started looking into the Pioneer AVX-4200NEX. Lucky for me the UPS guy delivered the HU while Jay and I were hanging out. I did mention to Jay that the tweets were making noise and I was pretty sure that it was a connection issue. Well I had Jay swap the HUs because well hey, why not?

Low and behold the damned noise goes away. I have no idea why the noise went away and I don't really care because it's no longer there. We also took a look at the settings on my processor and I learned that I didn't loose everything like I thought. I'm going to go visit Jay again Tuesday to learn a bit more about how to work the Mosconi software and do some fine tuning and get this car ready for the Woodward Dream Cruise. I plan on doing a few demos for some of the guys in my car club and maybe send some business Jay's way.

5. Back To Top    #185
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Whelp, it may be time for me to get back into the swing of things now that I can drive the car again and because either the HU is giving me the tiniest bit if a fit. Audio is cutting out for no good reason and the HU will either restart or not come on. The lights on the buttons will be illuminated, but they don’t function. All connections are sound and I haven’t touched anything save for the volume button in a very long time. Now I need to find out what replaced this particular head unit because I really don’t want to have to deal with getting the car back to Jay so that he can do his wiring and base tune magic for me.

6. Back To Top    #186
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

have you tried microprocessor reset? (Bottom right, below screen. Hole where a pen or paperclip can be inserted)

7. Back To Top    #187
    Vehicle
    2006 Pontiac GTO

Quote Originally Posted by SublimeZ View Post
    have you tried microprocessor reset? (Bottom right, below screen. Hole where a pen or paperclip can be inserted)
    Yeap. The right tweet isn’t working and the HU still keeps rebooting.

8. Back To Top    #188
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Just saw this. Have you tried updating the firmware? Make sure the face is all the way on (properly), etc? I've seen them do weird things because of both. I can't remember but you have a 4200NEX, don't you? I have the 4100 and my GF has the 4200 and ocassionally they don't boot, but usually work fine.

Not sure about the tweeter, that may actually just be the tweeter being bad.