Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2016 Spring NCSQ Meet - 08-09 April 2016 - near Greensboro, NC

Real Name
    Kendal

2016 Spring NCSQ Meet - 08-09 April 2016 - near Greensboro, NC

We had another great NCSQ meet this past Fall....again, pitiful weather, but really good people and excellent cars! Even with a good attendance, there were several that couldn't make it and 'vowed' they would be here with a semi-finished or complete system.

2015 NCSQ Fall Meet Thread

This one is going to be scheduled a little earlier in the Spring.....let's see if we can miss some of the rain.....of course, since it is so warm now.....it might be snowing into May.

So, on to the info about the meet

Where:
    At my house near Greensboro - PM (Afghan Vet) for the address - I am not going to post it here.

When:
    Friday evening: 08 April 2016 for those who want to get together early (start around 5:00) - will likely order pizza again.

Saturday: 09 April 2016 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM

Food:
    Probably snack items for lunch - We will likely grill out at my house.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite Music on discs or other device
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want it
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive criticism and humbly give advice/criticism

Current list of attendees: (Add Yo Name!)
    Name (Screenname) - Car

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2013 Subaru BRZ - Here
    2) Daniel (chithead) - 2012 Subaru Forester - Landis, NC
    3) Clay (claydo) - 2009 Cobalt SS - over near Winston Salem, NC
    4) Scott (babs) - 2008 Civic Si Sedan - Asheville, NC
    5) Rich (Salami) - 2013 Honda Accord - near Charlotte, NC
    6) Russell (dblevel) - 2004 Honda Accord - Kernersville, NC
    7) Erin (ErinH) - 2006 Civic Sedan - Decatur, AL
    8) Matthew (TheJesus) - 2014 Mazda 6 GT - Charlotte, NC
    9) Mic (Mic10is) -06 TSX - Holly Springs?- NC
    10) Eric (Crackinhedz) - 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe - Concord, VA
    11) Bo (Zippy) - 2013 Subaru BRZ - Columbus, OH
    12) John (jnorman5) & Dan (dantheman) - 2012 Nissan 370Z - WV
    13) Steve (Captainobvious) - 2013 Mazdaspeed 3 - Philly, PA
    14) Michael (Audiophile25) - 2014 Ford Focus - Knoxville, TN
    15) Ray (LaydSierra) - 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega Cab - Mooresville, NC
    16) Mark (NavyChief) - 2015 Silverado regular cab short bed - Norfolk, VA
    17) Forrest (Darkrider) - 2010 Low and Slow Camaro SS\RS - NC
    18) Bill (probillygun) 2012 FJ cruiser - Lockhaven, PA
    19) Jay (JayinMI) 2012 Kia Rio 5 - Flushing, MI
    20) John (subterFUSE) 2013 Audi S6 - Charleston, SC
    21) James (jpf150) 2006 Mustang GT- Raleigh, NC
    22) Ian (naiku) 2006 Audi A4 Avant - Front Royal, VA
    23) Eric (EeeDeeEye) 2016 Mustang GT - Atlanta-ish, GA
    24) Robert (1800Collect) 2013 Jetta - Williamsburg, VA
    25) Jason (1FinalInstall) - Winston Salem, NC
    26) Kendal (Notloudenuf) - Not sure about Car - Kinston, NC
    27) Justin (Beckerson1) - 2006 Civic Si - West Salem, OH
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

2. Back To Top    #71
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Re: 2016 Spring NCSQ Meet - 08-09 April 2016 - near Greensboro, NC

I took a video of Erin's car playing.

Last edited by Notloudenuf; 04-11-2016 at 12:14 PM.
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #72
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Here is the marinade recipe for the pork bites I made.

2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #73

I've finally gotten some time to post up here. I was beat after the drive home and came home sick so it took me a day to recover.

First off, I have to thank Jason and Vicki for their hospitality. Having meets at a person's house can be stressful for the homeowner because they have to balance expectations and keep the neighbors happy. So the fact that Jason and the Mrs. continue to host these meets is a testament to their generosity (and in many ways, a testament to how we as a community aren't a bunch of knuckleheads disturbing the peace). Without their willingness to host meets, I’m not sure the scene in the area would be as closely knit as it is. Kind of funny when you think about it: Jason and Vicki seem to be the glue that bonds the NC SQ hobby (not to mention the out of towners like myself). Beyond their generosity to open up their home for the weekend, their kindness is just another reason we all feel welcome to hang and can enjoy our time at these meets. So, again, Jason and Vicki, I cannot express my gratitude enough. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say thank you a million.

Now, on to the roll call! I didn’t get to hear as many systems as I would have liked to but I did still get to demo quite a few. I want to personally thank each of the guys who offered up a demo … I’ll save everyone the poetical waxing and be as brief as I can be.

• Jason B: beautiful car, beautiful stereo. I always enjoy hanging with you and shooting the breeze. I've made what I feel are life long friends in this hobby and you are certainly at the top of that list. I'm glad to call you a friend.
    • Clay: Great to see you and chat with you again, man. You're always a hoot and I dig that. Thanks for the demo as well.
    • Scott: Man, you’re continued progressing is inspiring. You’ve learned a lot in the last year since I saw you and heard the car. Keep it up, man! And get started on the 3-way+subs soon. You’ve got a year, I presume, until we meet up again… clock is ticking! Haha.
    • Bo: That iPad setup and rainbow DSP is slick! Thanks for the demo and introducing me to some new toys.
    • John N: Great to meet you in person finally and I’m digging the 370z. You’ve got a good thing going on with that system. I’m looking forward to hearing that again in the future. You’ve got my info if you need anything, so don’t be afraid to hit me up.
    • Bill: the system seems to have taken a leap since I heard it at Finals last year.. .and by all accounts it was quite nice then! I had a good time sharing war stories about home theaters (yours looks super impressive, btw). It was a blast hanging out with you and I look forward to tagging up with you again in the future.
    • John K: As usual, the car impresses. The whole package is really inspiring. Even though you had a minor issue, what I heard early in the day sounded quite nice. Wish we had gotten some more time to talk about the measurement gear you had on hand, though. Thanks to you, I stopped by Zaxby’s on the way home. Lol
    • Kendal: Thanks for the demo, man. Was nice to get some hands-on experience with the pioneer; that’s a really nice headunit. I’m gonna be following your build log as you progress and as I said, feel free to give me a shout if you need anything. Thanks for the food as well!
    • Matthew: Thanks for the demo and I love the install platform! Keep in touch!
    • Andy: Was great to see you again, dude! Makes me miss the “old” days (3 years ago, lol). I dig the car and regardless of how you felt about your tweeter install, I thought it looked quite nice! Thanks for the demo. It was nice to finally meet the missus… tell her I said hey!

Casey, Russ, Jeremy, Forrest, James, Chris, Jay … it was great to see you guys again and I’m looking forward to the next one to demo your cars since I missed my chance this year.

To the new guys I hadn’t met before (Jeremy, Jason K, Ian, Dan), it was a pleasure to meet you guys this time. I have to give a special shout out to Jason K for his advice regarding install methods. This dude’s skills are off the chain!

I can’t say enough good things about you all. It really was a great weekend for me. The past few weeks cramming to get my install done before the meet really had me kind of burnt out on the hobby. But coming to the meet was just what I needed to get me psyched on it again. I had a great time and really want to thank you all for helping that to happen!

If I can offer help in any way, shoot me a PM or email me (or hit me up on facebook messenger: Erin Hardison). If any of you ever come through the Huntsville/Decatur, AL area let me know and maybe we can meet up for lunch.

Take care, dudes!

- Erin

5. Back To Top    #74
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Thanks, Erin. I'll be at Finals, so you can have a shot then. Maybe it'll sound like something then. I plan to make some small-ish changes to the front stage and put in some tune time fairly soon.

I dig the new setup, I can't wait to hear it once you have it fully dialed in. Honestly, I loved your old sub install, but the new setup has a TON of potential.

Definitely have to give shout out to Jason and Vicki for hosting. It's always a great time. Well worth the 700 mile drive.

Had a great time talking to Jeremy (Sleeves), James (jpf150), Bo (Zippy) Jeremy (theslaking) and others and thanks for all the feedback I got on the trunk.

Bo, that Rainbow processor setup is slick, and the install is amazing. Sounded pretty good, too. lol

Clay, your car is one I ALWAYS have to make sure to get seat time in. This may have been the best it's ever been to my ears. Positioning was razor sharp,
    I explained it to a co-worker as being like that first time you watch an HD TV, except with sound. lol Oh, and I'm stealing the pics you took of my trunk and mid/tweet pods, they turned out great!

Finally got to hear Scott's Civic and was quite impressed, especially after he told me how much he had in equipment. lol...sounded pretty good, can't wait til the IB wall is in.

Good to see Andy again and nice meeting Carly, as well.

Jason K's work on the C10 is amazing, can't wait to see it done!

I know I'll be down for Finals, but not sure if I can make the Fall meet as well. We'll see!

Jay

6. Back To Top    #75

Thanks for the kind words jay! Was good to see ya again, and hear the progress you've made in the car, it's coming right along! Feel free to use the pic, wish I'd have gotten to your car with the camera in the daylight, because the trunk pictures just didn't come out good enough to do your work justice, except for the one of the sub, I didn't even post them. I love the fabrication in there, and it's gonna be sick when you get it done! Some cool ideas at work in there, fo sho......

7. Back To Top    #76
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Somebody in the chat room suggested we caption this photo

8. Back To Top    #77
    Real Name
    Michael Myers
    Vehicle
    2016 Scion im

I really wanted to go, but I ended up having to work. Even though I had requested the day off. Saturdays are always the hardest for me to get the day off. That is why I end up going to so many MECA shows. They are almost always on Sundays.
    Even when I take vacations, I usually have to plan on being back on Saturday. I really hope to make it to one of these GTG in the future.

9. Back To Top    #78
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Somebody in the chat room suggested we caption this photo

I really did at the Spanish Harlem one!
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

10. Back To Top    #79
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Since he's gazing into John's hood...

"That Audi V8 is just so beautiful"
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did