Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: All new (ultra low budget build) 2000 Blazer.

1. Back To Top    #51

Re: All new (ultra low budget build) 2000 Blazer.

Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #52

Re: All new (ultra low budget build) 2000 Blazer.

Update time. I never got rid of the alt whine. It started to really get to me. I did every thing I could think of to make it go away. I came to the conclusion that something was wrong with the equipment I was running. After a bunch of testing I narrowed it down to the amp. As much as I didn't want to believe that Zuki was the culprit, I confirmed it by hooking up 2 different amps back to back and all the noise went away. SOOOOOO.... The Zuki is out and gonna be posted for sale cheap for someone to get fixed as I dont want to mess with it. Went out on a limb and bought some new OZ Audio amps to replace the Zuki. I got the 800.4 and the 1200.1
    I was very skeptical but, I knew I had a buyer for them if they didnt perform like I wanted them to. So, I grabbed them.
    To install them, I had to make a little larger amp rack to fit under the false floor. So, I whipped this up.

Got everything wired up and mounted again. I only have the initial pic of them hooked up as I ran out of daylight and wanted to get these working and adjusted. So here is the semi-installed pic.

got the wiring tidied up and I will take more pics possibly tomorrow to show the final product.

First impressions were very well rounded sounding and the sub amp I feel is underrated as it definitely sounds like it is putting out more than the 600wrms its rated at. The 4ch is on par with the Zuki as far as initial sq and output. (at least to my old ears) These amps are legit for the price point.