Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amp strapping? Old timers?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Amp strapping? Old timers?

Its all good my man!

Through the google, I found a teeny bit where Cecil (1moreamp) and Perry Babin were talking about it a little bit.
    It sounds waaay over my head anyways. Think I will just stick to one amp per coil of a DVC sub. I know that works, I've done it a few times.

Just thought maybe if somebody was still familiar with strapping I would give it a shot.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Re: Amp strapping? Old timers?

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    EDIT: I think I misunderstood your question Chad. Which one? Bridged or parallel?
    It is where you power one load with two amps. But, you get the positive lead from one amp, and the negative from the other. I actually think the amps are in series? I am not sure.
    This would normally be done with a matched pair of mono amps, so you would invert the polarity of one amplifier, tie the un-driven leads together and drive the speaker via the driven leads, one driven lead will be swinging up while the other is swinging down, effectively doubling the voltage going to the driver. Same rules apply as a bridged amplifier it is only stable to 2X the minimum impedance of a single amplifier. you have to match the gains pretty dead-nuts-on. some maps known for strapping ahve a strapping output and input where the output is post gain of the parent amp and the input of the slave amp dumps in after the gain control circuit so they match.
    Last edited by chad; 02-04-2016 at 08:50 AM.