Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: banned from DIYMA

1. Back To Top    #41

Re: banned from DIYMA

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    Holy shit, you are out there.
    thanks man!

you gotta loosen up a little, though.. right?

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

First of all...WHAT?! I've never suggested that we ban somebody...and even if it was a consideration, I'd do it myself.

Secondly, vendors here pay NOTHING. I intentionally set it up this way so I wouldn't feel obligated to defend a vendor. I feel they should be able to back their own product and deal with customer service issues. Having said that, I would step in if a member was being unreasonable or overly argumentative.

3. Back To Top    #43

Holy shit, can't just let it wither away huh?
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

4. Back To Top    #44

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Your conspiracy theories are just one reason why I personally could care less if you're part of the community or not.

As mentioned in my build log, maybe you contributing useful posts instead of dredging waters and painting yourself as a victim of moderators motivated by money (which is incredibly laughable; many people besides that vendor complained about your posts there over the years... Even back before I quit as a mod years ago) then people wouldn't be so quick to judge your status here. But here you are, posting more of the "woe is me" stuff.

Like Elsa did, you should let it go. Quit painting yourself as a victim. Contribute. Contribute. Hey man, I've never once seen any of your own car audio work... Maybe post a build log? Make a thread about audio related stuff and stop with the conjecture and paranoia posts. That's been suggested numerous times and still you persist in whining about what happened on another forum. It's time to move on. Or just move on.

If you don't actually have anything car audio related, such as a build log of your own, then maybe some home audio stuff. Surely you've got a boom box you like? A nice collection of tunes you want to discuss?... Something. Surely?
    the problem is that there are no new to car audio types frequenting here.

I'm good with the easy stuff, helping people diddle with their wiring or whatever, and there's a crowd here of mostly educated types.

so for me to do what I did at the other forum I would have to have those kind of lobs, I enjoy discussing technical stuff but I'm pretty happy with what I know now? I guess you have trouble relating, since you are a wizard and can point to all those aspects of forum membership you are invested in, but we're not all as capable, you get that, right?

I've made many positive observations about you, over the years as I watched you break into the game and run with it, you are a natural. I'm stymied by some of it, I have a vocabulary but I don't pick it up as easy as you.

I guess if you'd be bant for real right now with no real excuse given, (saying people complain about me, and nobody notifies? you must know what that sounds like) you'd be able to visit this point of view.

it's not that I am the victim as much as I've been shunted from a fair hearing, or even exposed to the complaint files!

you can't possibly understand with your standing and your superiority ride, because you bailed when people wanted you to use the Klippel to expose motor deficiencies in popular drivers, or you might not even see that as a correlation for when you did your victim spiel about it. And that's great, you know, usually I'd be more assertive but I saw how you were not taking the comments well, and backed off.

you saw that, right? I wasn't insinuating anything that wasn't there, if a relationship exists...

anyways, good that you don't really care one way or the other about me, at least I have a clear understanding now, and I still admire you and your contributions to the community...

I had to laugh when you actually went all KEF, after I made some coincident source posts about them, go back and look, haha... then it really looked like pro audio was next, and I was in that bus before you again, haha..

but it's true, not a single picture or build, nothing that shows what I know is in cyber space. Partially due to non-compliance with exposure, I have never posted a pic of anything anywhere that I took except for ebay sales.

I don't get off on being on web "TV" and have no impetus to put myself in group gtg's photos. Too bad, huh?

I have a lot of ideas though..

how about this one:

you know how the Bose 901's did their angle reflecting, with a couple of directed arrays?

shrink it upside down into the dash using Whispers, 4 to each angled side, a total of eight on each side, put the 901 angle against the windshield reflection, use the reflections instead of negating them..

there, you'd have an omni reflection at the precise angles to create an expansive stage.

5. Back To Top    #45

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    First of all...WHAT?! I've never suggested that we ban somebody...and even if it was a consideration, I'd do it myself.

Secondly, vendors here pay NOTHING. I intentionally set it up this way so I wouldn't feel obligated to defend a vendor. I feel they should be able to back their own product and deal with customer service issues. Having said that, I would step in if a member was being unreasonable or overly argumentative.
    first, I don't know how far in the archives you can go in the BAW, but you put something like, "you should ban him" to papacueball. I don't know who papacueball is or even if you gave him ban powers, but yeah... it was there. He said "not yet, he didn't do anything but put a thumbs down on all my posts" and "there might be some good stuff coming later" or something like that.

but if you don't remember, hey that doesn't matter.

and I didn't say you took vendor money here, but to get me out of another forum, Nick hates me enough (I believe) to pay to have me gone.

that's how it looks from here.

6. Back To Top    #46

Yep. Kind of what I figured. You really have no desires to contribute. Just take cheap shots where you can (at least I made my position on you being here very clear, where you have gone the route of passive aggressive cheap shots). Ok. You're smarter than me because you tried it first but didn't document it. I'm fine with that. Of course I never claimed to do anything first. This entire hobby is rinse, wash, repeat. The ingenuity came in the 80s/90s. We are all just copying those ideas but with better tools and equipment at our disposal.

I tried to relate but you're hell bent on singling yourself out. So with that, I'll bid you adieu. Have fun in this thread as I'm sure it's the only place you'll continue to post.

- Erin

7. Back To Top    #47
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
    first, I don't know how far in the archives you can go in the BAW, but you put something like, "you should ban him" to papacueball. I don't know who papacueball is or even if you gave him ban powers, but yeah... it was there. He said "not yet, he didn't do anything but put a thumbs down on all my posts" and "there might be some good stuff coming later" or something like that.

but if you don't remember, hey that doesn't matter.

and I didn't say you took vendor money here, but to get me out of another forum, Nick hates me enough (I believe) to pay to have me gone.

that's how it looks from here.
    I might have said "block", which anybody can do...but I honestly don't even remember the conversation

8. Back To Top    #48

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Yep. Kind of what I figured. You really have no desires to contribute. Just take cheap shots where you can (at least I made my position on you being here very clear, where you have gone the route of passive aggressive cheap shots). Ok. You're smarter than me because you tried it first but didn't document it. I'm fine with that. Of course I never claimed to do anything first. This entire hobby is rinse, wash, repeat. The ingenuity came in the 80s/90s. We are all just copying those ideas but with better tools and equipment at our disposal.

I tried to relate but you're hell bent on singling yourself out. So with that, I'll bid you adieu. Have fun in this thread as I'm sure it's the only place you'll continue to post.

- Erin
    you're so touchy...

hey, it's probably just coincidence that my arc into various audio theories mirrored your own, but it was cool for me to see that I'm kinda hanging with the expert, Erin H the man...

and if you want to keep painting me as a non-contributor that's your prerogative, I don't run you.

I do contribute to the forum with ideas and stuff, if you were so kind to put a percentage like you wanted to label me after my banning, hey that's not very cool but oh well, huh? If you really don't give a shit why even post to me then?

is it that much that you can't stand to hear how I might have been a contributor to your audio muse, and in a few discussions where things like after I bring up cardioids, patrick bateman is all over them?

these are just coincidences, probably...

but I've put a lot of stuff into the air and for a long time, perhaps more content word-wise, because my posts are hardly ever quips or one liners.

I bet I have the highest word count in the DIYMA forum, I'd put a twenty on it, since I probably have nearly as much non-counted forum posts as those that were in the tally.

I was likely the biggest single contributor in the register, and I got bant over an excuse that isn't fooling anybody. Who cares how many posts are reported if the offender is never made aware of it?

All that time, just one time Bret PM'ed me about the banning, saying how he regretted how that went down.

So forgive me if that blanket of reported posts you and Jason offer up as evidence, I never got a single reply. MODERATOR. ha.

moderating means a two-way street so members don't fall through the cracks, I was shoved down for nothing and that's what I got, nothing for it.

yeah, you don't have to read it, you know.

thanks for the continued trolling, the instigating and the jostling about, you're all good.

9. Back To Top    #49

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I might have said "block", which anybody can do...but I honestly don't even remember the conversation
    no, it was ban.

but it didn't seem like you really wanted me gone, you just said that to him because I was putting thumbs down on his instigation posting, trolling...

in the shoutbox it flies fast and loose sometimes and hey, you told me I am good here and that's what I hope to be here.

10. Back To Top    #50