Thread: banned from DIYMA

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

Re: banned from DIYMA

Quote Originally Posted by bobditts View Post
    I just looked at one of your posts on DIYMA, and it doesnt say you are banned. Interesting.
    Are you sure about that?

2019 WRX Limited - Stock HK for now while waiting on parts to be developed...

2. Back To Top    #12
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    2007 Exploder XLT

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    Are you sure about that?

weird. It wasnt showing that when I looked. Now it is. Strange magic.
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I've heard you were given a 30-day ban for consistently messing with a vendor. You then created another account which got you the permaban.

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I've heard you were given a 30-day ban for consistently messing with a vendor. You then created another account which got you the permaban.
    Yep, that'll do it.
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

6. Back To Top    #16

DIYMA no like intelligent and clever discussions anymore
    They let it become what it is today.

2 or 3 years ago, I got fed up and now I'm not posting as much as I used to...
    Regulars like Sqnut and the almighty BuickGN were getting all the praise and when I tried to dismiss their post through some, IMO, intelligent remarks and links as a back up to my claims, I got called a lier and a hater by some newby coz I was not helping as much as them lol

Now DIYMA is just for spending extra time on - I read subscribed threads, reply if I feel the need but never stay more than an hour a day.

Kelvin

7. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    so that's how it's being spun?

let's examine the story as it is not entirely inaccurate, but does contain several disappointing non-factual points.

first, I was unceremoniously ousted in 2013, for what was later explained as "so racist, I had to ban and delete" (and not by the mod, but second hand info from a friend) and although I wasn't warned, or even allowed to present a defense, (my comment about buying a hunting license for blacks if they were available, although quite inappropos, was not racist to me, since I have bought licenses to hunt whatever game the state or fed made available, and in that sense it would have been entirely within the grasp of a thinking person to see the folly in such a proposition) I was banned for 6 months. This meant that I was allowed to be branded a racist, (which I have never been, even in a region where it is considered practical and normal to be such) and that I was not allowed to present the case of a mistaken post, and a misguided banning.

be that as it may, I waited 3 months and decided, an unfair banishment does not deserve obedience, so I created another account using my cajunner name as the email! IF it were important, anyone could have spotted it upon registration, but oh well... so angrybot was born, in 2013. I used the account for about a day or two, when I noticed the cajunner ban was lifted. I figured the coincidence of events where I obtain a second screen name and my ban lift, was connected.

So, here in the saga, I put a little effort into giving chase to a person who did not like my questioning his XBL technology in his speakers, and who subsequently followed me around DIYMA afterwards, making snide comments and various charges for which bluster there was no excuse. NOT the workings of a rational mind, obviously and as those posts disappeared not long after posting, I could see where he was being advised what to delete as there was a pattern of abuse towards my person that was concerted and ongoing. Not one to simply cower at the feet of an idiot using his manufacturer status as a bully bat, I engaged. I showed where he made terrible customer service decisions and how he would attack me personally instead of answer simple questions like "if you know where 98 db sensitive XBL drivers are being sold, could you post the link?" and that apparently unhinged him?

Anyways, I didn't "go after" a vendor more than ask some innocent questions and after being rudely rebuffed, stalked and snidely ridiculed for several engagements, did show a less than favorable response towards his handling of DIYMA members' concerns. I see that as squarely, fair game, but instead of being warned, I was again banned without a warning.

So, after a few days of banning, I again didn't agree with said ban, and opted to fire up the old angrybot once again, because if cajunner had been banned, angrybot was not. I didn't say I was cajunner, I did make the mistake of a long post where I compared Sinfoni to Audiofrog, which was the tell.

Now, I understand that having a second account is against TOS and angrybot would have to go, so I accept that. Ban angrybot to hell, if that's what is necessary. Banning the primary account and an IP address so nobody from that internet hub can be a member of DIYMA, is not indicated in the TOS.

Now here's where it matters. I was banned at the same time the "TM65 timeline" thread was deleted. I was accused of poisoning the thread by the bully bat wielder, and that's why it had to go. Obviously, if it was a problem they could have just deleted the posts that mattered but there was too much by too many detailing the serious infractions that this "manufacturer" was guilty of, to simply remove my parts.

It was put in the ban reason, "received too many reports about this account, don't have time for this" so the ban was a month.

AT the time of the ban, I didn't get a more reasonable response than that, what kind of reason is that? Lazy moderator? Lying moderator? I'd have to suspect that it's certainly one or the other, or a combination...

anyways, I believe that my second account being in violation of TOS, was rightfully banned. If the moderator/admin who banned me didn't want to address the real reason he put me my cajunner account out, it would be simple to ban both accounts and no discussion as to why, come to the surface.

simple, but not right.

anyways, I hope if anyone reading this has thought of the new ANT-less DIYMA a more fair internet abode, think again, as it is clear there is no real reason for my banning other than the abusive complaints of a person who has repeatedly insulted, belittled, and engaged his own customers, as well as myself. That and possibly whatever payoff is hiding behind the curtain of anonymity the admin/moderator chooses to hide behind. I hope it was worth it, to sell himself that way as it does indicate, and will continue to magnify the low character and selfishness of it, even if the profits and ill-gotten gains remain shrouded from public view.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

tl;dr

Nobody gives a shit. Seriously.

9. Back To Top    #19

To me at least, I dont get caught up in the drama that is the interwebz. There was a thread on DIYMA with some South African dude slamming Zapco a while back and that was the closest I came to losing my cool. But alas... I realized that you cannot fix stupid or ignorance on most public forums so, I just stopped folowing the thread and my life got much better. It is very seldom you will see someone in the wrong actually realize it much less, admit to it.

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by weshole View Post
    To me at least, I dont get caught up in the drama that is the interwebz. There was a thread on DIYMA with some South African dude slamming Zapco a while back and that was the closest I came to losing my cool. But alas... I realized that you cannot fix stupid or ignorance on most public forums so, I just stopped folowing the thread and my life got much better. It is very seldom you will see someone in the wrong actually realize it much less, admit to it.
    this is a good post.

personally, I don't have much invested pride in what particular brands I own, so as to be defensive or feel slighted when someone insults my chosen gear. So I can't commiserate fully with the idea that a brand is special, just because I own it? Maybe that is a fault, I don't know.

I understand also that I am partly to blame for this banning, no matter how insignificant the percentage, just from engaging at all, and attempting to assume a position that puts someone else's opinion below my own.

part of my dilemma stems from the fact that I think myself a fairly astute observer of the human condition, and sometimes miss the small details of competitive angst, ignorance or pride, and all manner of assorted extemporaneous bullshit that resides around logic like the sooty unburned brigands that surround a campfire...

haha...

anyways, thanks for your comments.

part of my posting here is to inform people who happen to like my writing on DIYMA (and here?) that I didn't become banned for a good reason. I care what people think, enough to consider that they deserve some explanation other than what my detractors sling.

also, part of it, a warning that the new owners are either complicit or insulated from the moderator/admins who continue to abuse their mod powers unabated even after ANT was no longer involved in the running of the forum, it's likely that someone above the mod/admin is out there, who could make a remedy.

if calling out a vendor for bad customer service that is not only proven fact but a pattern of abuse towards the DIYMA population, is cause for banning, then I think people can learn from this and not jeopardize their account by being honest, and nascent, or community minded.

perhaps I should have reported all those times I was the victim, but I never thought I would have to defend my posting, either. Or more accurately, I thought I would be given fair warning if it came to that.

and if anyone knows who is actually in charge of the forum now, and who might be contacted regarding my ban, that would be helpful too...