Thread: Companies to research?

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: Companies to research?

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    So, since I think now I am going to piece together some 6.5"-6.75" drivers, 3" in dash, and some tweets, what would you recommend as far as brands? I'm looking for tight, quick bass, and crystal clear mids, and warm tweets (I'm assuming silk dome or fabric covered).
    The pio's only do 2 way+sub, for 3 way front, you will have to do a processor (or a $900 p99 hu...)

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

I think I have an ace in the hole as far as learning DSP and tuning, as my son's friend is an installer and competitor! Now I just need to make some decisions on HU, DSP, and front stage speakers. Ideas for say $1000 for all of it (if that is possible), would be appreciated! This is the best site out there for this sort of info. I'm on another site as well, and have not received one reply in a week, so this is now my home, thanks to all of you guys!

3. Back To Top    #13

Joo picked the right one!....lol.

I'm afraid your budget is gonna require you get friendly with a laptop. The two four way capable solutions (pxa800/rux, and p99rs) that don't require a pc would blow your budget alone........so accept the pc as yer tuning friend and investigate the mini dsp.....it's one of the best budget entries into full tuning capabilities. For budget drivers, the interwebz are overflowing with em.......my recomendations would be vifa 1" "ne" series silk tweets, scanspeak 10f, and of course your midbass will depend on the room you have available.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Have you been able to listen to other cars to see se what they are running and if you like the sound?

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

I use this processor http://www.sonicelectronix.com/searc...ord=ppi+dsp88r

And I always recommend Morel tweets

6. Back To Top    #16

I enjoy some morels too.....especially for a two way that requires a lower crossover point. I just had a really, really good experience with this line of vifas......my (no longer in production) ne ti domes sounded every bit as good as my current morel elites. The vifas didn't like being crossed below 3.1 at my listening volumes, so the morels play a bit lower, but in a three way this is a non issue. The vifas at a lower price point will give, imo, higher end morel sound vs their more budget friendly options........but to each his own and all, lol.

Oh, and sub's correct....another budget dsp offering!

Aaaaand....for reference the above mentioned ti domes were 40 bones each.....the morels 120.....

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

ok, active requires a dedicated amp channel per driver. So, with your 5 channel you're limited to 2 way + sub (you need to ditch rear coax anyway ) Don't worry, 2 way + sub systems can rock

8. Back To Top    #18

Indeed, two way plus sub can rock. Not to mention being an easier way to cut yer teeth tuning........this would also open the door to more laptopless tuning options....namely the cheaper pioneer all in ones....

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Damn, I just received them UPS yesterday! What if I ran the Zapco for the front and bought an amp just for the coax and subs. in back. Not necessary, or waste of $?

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Quote Originally Posted by astrochex View Post
    Have you been able to listen to other cars to see se what they are running and if you like the sound?
    I have not, as none of my friends have systems. I'm kind of on my own mission here...