Thread: Why Subscribe?

1. Back To Top    #41
    Real Name
    Martyn
    Vehicle
    None now.

Re: Why Subscribe?

Just subscribed to the bronze level.

On a side note, If I subscribe to either silver or gold levels, do I get the relevant goody bag shipped over to the UK ?

2. Back To Top    #42
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by gran_ice View Post
    Just subscribed to the bronze level.
    Thank you, sir!

On a side note, If I subscribe to either silver or gold levels, do I get the relevant goody bag shipped over to the UK ?
    When I first started CAJ, I never thought it would take off like it has, so I never really considered international shipping rates. It would suck to lose money on the deal, but I also don't feel right changing the rules in middle of the game. Since you're considerate enough to ask, then yeah, I'll go ahead send it to you.

...but I'll probably need to alter the terms for future transactions.

3. Back To Top    #43
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

I just stumbled onto this site and am super impressed and appreciative of your work. Subbed to show support

4. Back To Top    #44
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    I just stumbled onto this site and am super impressed and appreciative of your work. Subbed to show support
    Well that's a heck of an intro...thank you, sir!

5. Back To Top    #45

A few random thoughts, for whatever they might be worth:

I can't help but notice what seems to be a surprisingly small minority of subscribing members versus non-subscribing members. I mean, it's not like there are all kinds of annoying ads here to fund the site... There's no free lunch, folks!

While I imagine there might be a number of members whom, for whatever reason, choose to donate funds without subscription, it seems to me that the more subscribing members there appear to be, the more others might be inspired to subscribe.

While I have no idea what might be normal for this site and/or others like it, having glanced at CAJ numbers from time to time, I've noticed a seemingly high (and possibly growing?) guest-to-member ratio, often 10:1 or higher. For example, at 10:09 this morning there were "399 users online, 30 members and 369 guests."

I'm not at all sure what to make of any of this; just wondering what might be learned and/or done to make the most of whatever it is.

6. Back To Top    #46

I'm all for kicking in, but the subscription model isn't for me. Some of us have supported without a monthly obligation - you just don't see that by our names.

7. Back To Top    #47

Err, I never noticed the one-time option...don't have to do the recurring thing

8. Back To Top    #48

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    I'm all for kicking in, but the subscription model isn't for me. Some of us have supported without a monthly obligation - you just don't see that by our names.
    I figured this would probably the case for a number of members. Nothing at all wrong with that. Kudos to all who have chipped-in.

9. Back To Top    #49

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
    Err, I never noticed the one-time option...don't have to do the recurring thing
    Yeah, I too prefer the one-time option, the recurring thing being kind of a deal breaker for me as well.

10. Back To Top    #50
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I appreciate it, guys. A majority of those "visitors" are web crawler bots, I could ban them on the server side, but it would hurt our rankings in search engines.

I'm getting enough funds to keep the lights on, and I'm not in this to make money (unlike other websites ). I'm just here to give my audio buds a nice place to hang out and not be bothered.