Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gray & Ally's Spring '16 Texas Meet

1. Gray & Ally's Spring '16 Texas Meet

We bought a house. We're having a meet. Be there.

When: Friday evening dinner/hangout for earlybirds
    Saturday 14th of May, 2016 @ 0900 til whenever

Where: Abilene, TX (PM strakele or millerlyte for address)
    Why: SQin', BBQin' & BSin'
    Covered parking for the first few to arrive (Or first few to paypal $20. Just kidding. Sort of)

Food: Bring manly sh*t to throw on the grill. Also snacks. Nearby restaurants if you can't cook. No tofu.

Bring:
    Self, spouse, friend, side chick(s), whomever
    Cooler, lawn chair, extension cord, etc
    Cameras, cameras, cameras!
    Tunes and demo discs

We are planning on the weekend of the 14th but leaving the 21st open if that ends up working out most optimally for more folks. Please post if that's the case.
    Last edited by BigAl205; 01-31-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: verified date
    Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, JL Audio, Xtant Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance
    Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log

2. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Re: Gray & Ally's Spring '16 Texas Meet

Getting closer. Where would be a safe area to bed down for the night? Would be cool if all of us traveling stayed at the same place. Can't believe we weren't kicked out of the lobby of the La Quinta in OKC that one time
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

3. Back To Top    #32

Abilene is a pretty safe city. It's a military hub smack in the middle of BFE Texas and out of the way of the crime ridden metropolises. As long as you stay out of the "shady" NW-ish area of the city - you'll know it if you see it - I would confidently say any hotel is a safe bet. There is your typical garden variety of options and everything is a short distance from our place.

There is a Super 8 just a stones throw from our place and within 1.5mi of a dozen restaurants at $67/night. There is also a Value Place just north of that next to a Golden Corral for about $20 less per night. There are other hotels across the highway peppered along Ridgemont Dr but they are going to start doubling in price. All are near restaurants and are <5 min from our home base.

Super 8
    4397 Sayles Blvd, Abilene, TX 79605
    (325) 701-4779

Value Place
    4266 Oil Belt Ln, Abilene, TX 79605
    (325) 232-8710

4. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Thanks Ally. You are gonna actually listen to my truck this time right?I'm finally getting the quirks of the mile wide cab figured out...I think.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Getting closer

oh shit, I got a lot to get done

6. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I got something special to play in your truck James

7. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

3 weeks out. Still need to book the room. What are the official meet plans? And do we have an updated list of committed attendees?

8. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Looks like I might be out. The trusses for my garage should be here in the next week or so, so all my effort and money will be towards getting it framed up.

9. Back To Top    #38

Meet is still on pending weather. Looks like some people gave up on continuing the attendee list lol. Plus this thread is posted elsewhere as well so whatever. As it gets closer and we get a better idea on how many there will be, we'll make the call if it'll be in the backyard or the park across the street.
    Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, JL Audio, Xtant Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance
    Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log

10. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Ok, looks like I'm going to be able to make this gtg

1. Grayson (strakele) - Lancer
    2. Ally (millerlyte)
    3. Chris (Hillbilly SQ) - big white truck with horns
    4. Jason (jowens500) - Accord
    5. Stan
    6. Robert (trebor1) - Scion xB
    7. Howard (chefhow) - Scion xB
    8. Narvarr (narvarr)
    9. Chad (southsyde) - acura somthin
    10. Robert (pocket5s) - charger
    11. Alan (BigAl205)- Explorer
    12. Jon (dejo) Crunchy Tahoe
    13. Jason (papacueball) Charger
    14. Mark (Psyko) Mustang

11. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Folks, I have two minidsp 2x4's (unbalanced) that I'm going to offer up for FREE. A plug-in to make them work is $10 off the minidsp website. The only thing I ask is that you DO NOT sell them if you decide to take them. It doesn't mean you have to keep them, but my intention is to give someone a minimal risk option to try rearfill, go 4-way active with a 3-way active headunit, or give it to someone you know that has the passion for good sound but no money to spare. Everything will ride with me to Texas and handed over in person. I also have a pair of Usher 8945a 7" woofers I'll let go for $60 and a pair of 9950c (I think) tweets that I'll let go for $30. I used them in the house on big passives with a bone shattering 50 watts going to each side so I don't think the woofers ever actually "visually moved" in the whole 6 years or so I used them. Mostly used at low volumes for casual tv watching. I never had the power needed to really let these speakers shine.