Thread: Got me some new equipment

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Re: Got me some new equipment

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    That bt processor thingy does look like it will fly off the shelf as user friendly as it appears to be. Makes me wonder how long it will be before "plugging in to tune" will be nothing more than a distant memory.
    I was thinking how straightforward that interface is also. Look forward to impressions.

2. Back To Top    #12
    a boom box is not a toy jowens500's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

Got me some new equipment

This is the preset page. It shows all the pertinent info of each setting easily. I hope to have it up and running later tonight.

I got this far last night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    That bt processor thingy does look like it will fly off the shelf as user friendly as it appears to be. Makes me wonder how long it will be before "plugging in to tune" will be nothing more than a distant memory.
    The DSP is built into the amps, the IQI module allows you to tune the amp from the app. Without the IQI, you have to plug into the amp with a PC.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

Got me some new equipment

So I got everything installed and making noise. I have done nothing but set crossover points so far, but my initial impression is very positive. The woofer is an absolute monster that plays lower, louder and every bit as accurate as the Mille woofer it replaced in the same box with 250w less power. The QS front stage is the sleeper part of all of this equipment. I was afraid that the difference between the Hertz MLK's they replaced was going to be a very large gap, but honestly they sound every bit as good as those do. I think Kicker knocked it out of the park with the Q Class equipment.

5. Back To Top    #15

Very cool Jason, look forward to hearing the new gear.
    Alpine, Helix, Mosconi, Arc Audio, Clarion, JL Audio, Xtant Morel, Beyma, Acoustic Elegance
    Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart SQ Build Log

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

See!! I've been whining and moaning and griping for someone to finally chime in on this new Q-class stuff. Good to hear.

Yeah since CES when they announced these amps, I've been itching for someone to dial up how they do. Basically every amp has it's own internal DSP, link-able and controllable via app. That is simply killer. Only think it lacks pretty much is digital inputs, but sheesh I bet they do fine.

My biggest gripe is since Kicker went total brick and mortar with the Q-class, there won't be much market penetration so rare occurrence of feedback from an actual end user.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did