Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: James's 2006 Mustang GT build

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: James's 2006 Mustang GT build

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    I forget where I found that measurment I'm running my midbasses sealed so I really didn't need it to be super accurate. If your going to measure it there is some foam stuff you will have to pull out, you might be able to get by with small packing peanuts.
    Word. I'll definitely measure it then. I'll have to pull them soon after I get it anyways to make sure my idea of porting can be achieved as well.

2. Back To Top    #12

Also, do you remember how long your power wire run was? I ordered 15ft so I'm hoping that is enough...

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by jpf150 View Post
    Also, do you remember how long your power wire run was? I ordered 15ft so I'm hoping that is enough...
    I used this Stinger SK6641 kit and used all 17ft of the power wire. The wire runs from the battery through the passenger firewall grommet and along the passenger side of the car the amp is under the rear package tray in the trunk. You can see where it runs in my build log I don't have a distribution block or anything just one run of power wire. Depending where you put your amps you could get by with less.

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Psyko View Post
    I used this Stinger SK6641 kit and used all 17ft of the power wire. The wire runs from the battery through the passenger firewall grommet and along the passenger side of the car the amp is under the rear package tray in the trunk. You can see where it runs in my build log I don't have a distribution block or anything just one run of power wire. Depending where you put your amps you could get by with less.
    Sweet! 15ft should be more than enough for me then. I have another foot to go on the other side of the fuse already. Not sure yet how I am going to mount the amps. If I can pull off a false floor and still do IB and keep my spare tire then that is what I'll do. But in reality I am not sure how feasible that is. I've also got your build log pulled up on another tab on my browser. That's some awesome work! I'd love to try the zr800's if I ever got a good deal on them.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

In the trunk on the passenger side if you have Sirius satilite radio there is a big metal bracket behind the carpet that the sirius receiver mounts to. I mounted my sub box to it but you could easily use that to mount an amp rack especially with those ppi ion amps.

6. Back To Top    #16

Sweet..That is another reason I love these amps. They are just so small and easy to fit places.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Looks like it will be a great platform for you James. Unfortunate about the truck, but congrats on the new vehicle

-Steve

8. Back To Top    #18

Thanks Steve! I am excited to finally have MY vehicle again. I wish it was the truck, but I will be having some fun with this one. How is the wife's car coming along? And well I guess yours too haha

9. Back To Top    #19
    Tympanic Assault Vehicle Darkrider's Avatar
    Real Name
    Forrest
    Vehicle
    2010 Camaro SS/RS, 2015 KIA Forte5 SX

More pics James......
    2010 Camaro SS: Pioneer DEX-P99RS & Pioneer AVH-X7500BT - Focal KRX2 - JL Audio 13w6v2 - Mosconi AS200.4 (x2) - Mosconi Gladen One 240.2 - Rockford Fosgate Power T1692
    2015 Kia Forte 5 SX: Pioneer DEX-P99RS & Pioneer AVH-X7500BT - Focal KRX2 - JL Audio 13w6v2 - Mosconi AS200.4 (x2)

10. Back To Top    #20

Ha! I'll get them uploaded eventually! You know how slow I can be at these things...