Thread: A Thank You to all Service Members

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

A Thank You to all Service Members

Posting for anyone that I may not be friends with on Facebook, but feel this is just something that needs to be said.

Just encountered an interesting situation. Never had it happen before, and wasn't sure how to react. My immediate emotion was to post something to the people involved. A few seconds of thought however, pushed me to just click the Leave Group button and move on. Reading through some recent posts on Facebook, came across a young man, a Marine recruiter, who posted information for anyone interested in joining the service. This young man was posting in a car club, on Facebook, in an effort to hopefully gain some new recruits. Why? Why would you do that? Why would anyone make an attempt to secure men and women willing to make one of the biggest sacrifices in their lives, to serve this country (almost said our once great country, but that's a post for another day), and perhaps even better themselves financially, physically, and mentally. Why would anyone make those sacrifices, just so the few members that replied, could sit in the comfort of their home, job, dorm room, mommy and daddy's basement, wherever, and verbally attack this Marine for trying to perform his duty. And attack the other people willing to perform those services as well. I am so grateful to each and every member of the service, no matter what branch, for every sacrifice they've made, and continue to make. From the very deepest bottom of my heart, Thank you all.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: A Thank You to all Service Members

Well said danno......gratitude from me to all the vets and active folks as well. I sincerely appreciate your service!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Was that in some hippie dippie Subaru forum?

And thanks veterans. It hit me today while eating lunch. I looked around the restaurant at the other diners and thought people died for us to be here. We are the slice of society that goes to war. Thanks to all that served and to those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Was that in some hippie dippie Subaru forum?
    Unfortunately. Joined up hoping to see some hot lesbians that like to hike, walk through the soft summer grass growing along the edge of beach dunes, and frolic in a public park playing Frisbee with their Golden Retriever named Lucky.

Turns out it's just a bunch of douchebag kids trying to sell rusty used parts for 10-15% less than they cost new.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Unfortunately. Joined up hoping to see some hot lesbians that like to hike, walk through the soft summer grass growing along the edge of beach dunes, and frolic in a public park playing Frisbee with their Golden Retriever named Lucky.

Turns out it's just a bunch of douchebag kids trying to sell rusty used parts for 10-15% less than they cost new.