Thread: Build Log for Coppertone/Darkness/Ben

1. Back To Top    #21
    DIYMA Dropout
    Real Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    Jetta SW, Torino, F-150

Re: Build Log for Coppertone/Darkness/Ben

When is Steve going to be able to get you tuned up? Hope you are still loving it!
    I make the things that go bump in the night...

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 (DT) 5.7 Hemi

Have no clue as I've reached out to him twice and have not received a definitive response back. I know that he is super busy so I'm trying to be patient.
    Source: factory
    Amp: Zapco LX
    Processor : Helix Pro & Director
    Speakers : Sinfoni
    Subwoofer : MKV

3. Back To Top    #23
    DIYMA Dropout
    Real Name
    Dave
    Vehicle
    Jetta SW, Torino, F-150

It's sounding pretty good as is, so it probably isn't a huge rush for you to get done I'm assuming.
    I make the things that go bump in the night...

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle

It's good on certain things but to much bass on others. I know that Steve has zero time on his hands left to share and for that I feel bad about asking for his help. But at this point there are only three people whom I would let touch this system and he is one of the three.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by TheDavel View Post
    When is Steve going to be able to get you tuned up? Hope you are still loving it!
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTSHADE View Post
    Have no clue as I've reached out to him twice and have not received a definitive response back. I know that he is super busy so I'm trying to be patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTSHADE View Post
    It's good on certain things but to much bass on others. I know that Steve has zero time on his hands left to share and for that I feel bad about asking for his help. But at this point there are only three people whom I would let touch this system and he is one of the three.

Thanks for the kind words fellas. Dave- Awesome work on the new enclosure and integrating it into my mess.

Ben- I've got some comp time coming my way to take off from work because of all the long hours recently put in. I'd like to take a day to come down during the week to work on it from morning until we get it done. I'll be in touch shortly so we can coordinate that. Sorry for the delay, I know it's been a while. Things have been crazy with work, night classes twice a week, 2 nights of volleyball leagues, trying to rebuild my trunk and do the full system on Ladyobvious' car -all while trying to get some time in with her as well.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle

I'm like a school kid counting the days before Santa's arrival lol. Even though I don't drive this car, I still want yo be excited by it when I do.

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle

Well I am happy to say that Steve stopped in yesterday and worked his skills on my system. I can honestly say it's 90% there. The only way to make it all 100% in my opinion would be to go 3 way. Sadly I am not willing to alter the stock look of the Legacy just for that. I can say that it all blends so seamlessly now and for the little amount of time that I was in it, I was pumped.

So once again thank you with all of my heart to Steve ( CaptainObvious ) and Dave ( TheDavel ) for letting me realize that after 25 years of chasing the dream, I can actually have a real sound system. You two ROCK.

8. Back To Top    #28
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Thanks for the opportunity to work on it for you Ben. It was a long time coming to get back out there again due to some personal stuff and a crazy schedule but it was good to see you and put the polish on that thang

I did a full RTA and tuning session on Ben's car. I made some adjustments to crossover points and slopes, got it far more phase aligned and did some extensive EQ. The car is now far more tonally accurate, balanced and proper sounding. I was really digging it Ben. I agree with you about the 90%. dedicated midranges would allow the vocals to stay at dash height for higher staging and a little better imaging, but overall this car is sounding quite good now. I liked the work Dave did on the stealthy sub enclosure too. The sub sounds excellent as well. Nice job all around!

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle

Well darn, I'm here to update this system. Just because I can't leave well enough alone lol, my amps will be changed out hopefully by the end of summer. My (2) current Brax amps will be changed out for (2) JL HD amps. One 600/4 & one 1200/ 1. Now some may say why would you swap Brax for JL, well I can say honestly for me it has nothing to do with gaining room as I have plenty. The Brax for me were purchased for a reason that I won't get into here, but I really have no need for. I've previously owned both sets of the JL and was very happy and should have stopped there, well we know how that goes. So safe to say if anyone knows anyone who wants to purchase a set of pristine Brax amps, please feel free to contact me via pm.

I've already spoken with Steve ( CaptainObvious) who has done all of the install minus the sub and enclosure and knows how I am. So he knows with me, he has a pain in the butt for life lol.

10. Back To Top    #30

But, but haven't you read the amp thread over there? No way ya wanna down-grade.....lol....and class "d" on top of that...blasphemy!..........