Thread: Scan-Speak Extended Exchange

1. Back To Top    #1

Scan-Speak Extended Exchange

I don't know how many people knew about this, but for those who don't it's valuable (literally) information...

Scan-Speak offers an 'extended exchange' program that essentially provides you 50% off a brand new replacement drive unit should you damage one and/or the product fails outside of the mfg warranty period. You simply email them the info they need and they provide you with a discount code to use on their online store.

Information can be found here:
    http://www.scan-speak.dk/news/20141212a.htm

I just went through this to replace some blown tweeters (totally my fault). I e-mailed Scan-Speak through the contact they provide in the above link. I explained I had (4) tweeters that I would like to request an exchange discount for. (2) of the tweeters had been disassembled (I was curious if the problem was something I could fix myself). I explained I had fried these out of my own negligence and also understood if they wouldn't cover the two disassembled drivers.

I got an email back the next day requesting pictures of the units and their serial numbers. I obliged. The next email back was with an approval for my request of a discount and they offered it for (4) drivers. They provided me a code I used at checkout through their online store. Total cost shipped to my door for (4) replacement Scan D3004/60200-00 tweeters: $196 USD.

Keep this in mind next time you blow a Scan-Speak drive unit. It really saved me a good deal of money.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Re: Scan-Speak Extended Exchange

Dude! That's awesome.

3. Back To Top    #3

just to go on and on about this...

I'm really glad Scan offers this. Personally, I've always thought highly of the product. But the problem with cost obviously is a legitimate one. Especially in the case one is damaged. This exchange program they've set up is really 'generous' and 'ingenious' at the same time. Customer retention plan in full effect, of course.

I didn't expect them to offer the exchange service for the tweeters I had dismantled (pictured below, for those who are in to this sort of thing... look at the Neo motor!). The fact they did was a welcome surprise.

Also, the overall process as I described in the OP was incredibly easy. There was hardly any effort on my part and the person helping me was very to the point and helpful. It took a day total to get the coupon for the exchange. I figured for sure when I ordered the tweeters I'd pay out the nose for shipping but it was very reasonable.

I'm really glad I remembered they offer this program, obviously, and I'm happy to say it worked better than I had imagined it would be. I just hope people don't try to take advantage of this.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Randy
    Vehicle
    2007 Toyota Solara

Thank you Erin, this is very helpful info.

Was it difficult to take the tweeter apart? I ask because I have a pair of 2004/602000's that I would like to take apart so that I could trim the outside of the flange so they will fit into my speakers pods. Any info you have would be very much appreciated.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]