Thread: My Driver Test/Review Site Update

1. Back To Top    #1

My Driver Test/Review Site Update

I've gotten a lot of messages/emails/etc over the last year about my site and some of the links being busted, or comments not showing up, etc.

TBH, I got lazy. I did a whole lot of reviews in a short span last year and quickly flamed out; never made it a point to fix the things that needed fixing.
    I made it a point this weekend to do so and have updated the Driver Tests Master List. Link is here:
    http://medleysmusings.com/driver-tests-master-list/

FWIW, I'm doing the Amazon Affiliate program to try to make a couple bucks off the site. So, don't be surprised if you click a product link and it takes you there ... it's my attempt at funding new gear to test. I've got a few particular drivers I want to get my hands on in the next couple months and I'm not going to be given them to test.

If you guys are cruising the site and find anything else broken, LMK. I'll also try my best to reply to comments quickly rather than letting them sit there for a year or two. There are some tweaks to the site I plan on making when I get some time and I plan to 'blog' more there than just post test reviews. I'm kind of getting over my whole disdain for testing again and hope to pick back up sometime this spring with some new tests. But we'll see...

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Driver Test/Review Site Update

ill go in and click some links if itll help you out.

what drivers are you planning to test out?

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    ill go in and click some links if itll help you out.

what drivers are you planning to test out?
    I'm trying to get a hold of some Audio Frog drivers. I also texted with Nick about trying to get some testing done on his new 6.5" midwoofer. Outside of that, just some other things.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Glad to hear you're getting back into gear with some more testing. There are some interesting new drivers now out and some on the horizon. I'll be looking forward to your updates!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Oh, and I have a pair of the TM65's on order from Nick. You're welcome to use those to test once they are shipping, unless you were hoping to get something sooner from him.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    Oh, and I have a pair of the TM65's on order from Nick. You're welcome to use those to test once they are shipping, unless you were hoping to get something sooner from him.
    That would be fine by me.

I just texted him last week and mentioned that if he had one to spare then it would be useful to get some basic FR/HD information on them. A lot of people want to know how these can be used as a 2-way setup and having at least FR will go a long way toward answering that. He indicated it was a good idea, but I'm not going to hound him about it. LMK when you get yours and we can go from there.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Sir
    Vehicle
    VW Passat

Hey Erin. I have some of the 4 ohm Anarchy's that were revived by Erich (sp?) at diysoundgroup. There is zero information out there for these drivers as far as I can find. If you're ever interested in testing one of these let me know and I'll send one your way.

Ben

8. Back To Top    #8

Id send a Scan 12m if turn around was a week or so. Im interested to see how those AF GB40 do, although they wont fit where my scans are

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Nice updates on the site Erin. I commented on a few of the tests. Thanks for your efforts.