Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Spring NCSQ Meet - 25 April 2015 - near Greensboro, NC

Real Name
    Jason

2015 Spring NCSQ Meet - 25 April 2015 - near Greensboro, NC

Info:

We had our NCSQ Fall Meet and had a good turn out and a lot of fun, but several folks were not able to make it - especially those who are local to here

2014 NCSQ Fall Meet

We are having a mini meet on 8 February to make up for that in Kernersville

NCSQ Mini Meet - 8FEB2015

But I finally sat down with my calendar and picked a day for the next one.

Where:
    At my house near Greensboro - PM for the address - I am not going to post it here.

When:
    Saturday, 25 April 2015 - 9:00am - 9:00pm

Food:
    Probably snack items for lunch - We will likely grill out at our house.

Stuff to bring:

Yourself
    A friend / spouse / kids
    Your vehicle with or without anything setup/tuned
    Favorite Music on discs
    Camera
    Lawn chair if you want it
    Openness to learn, ask questions, take constructive criticism and humbly give advice/criticism

Current list of attendees: (Add Yo Name!)
    Name (Screenname) - Car

1) Jason (bertholomey) - 2013 Subaru BRZ

2) Erin (ErinH) - 2006 Honda Civic

3) Kendal (Notloudenuf) - 2005 Ford Escape?

4) Russell (dblevel) - 2004 Honda Accord

5) Jason (crea_78) - 2014 Honda Accord

6) Juan (black rain) - 2004 Kia Sorento

7) Daniel (chithead) - 2014 Subaru WRX

8) Casey (casey) - 2008 civic

9) Scott (Babs) - 2008 Civic

2. Back To Top    #101

Re: 2015 Spring NCSQ Meet - 25 April 2015 - near Greensboro, NC

Yup chris, wondered where ya ran off to! Lol, we'll have to make up for it sometime. Maybe chit and yerself can meet me somewhere one day......cos he ran off......again, without getting a demo!

Thanks for the pics Kendal!!

3. Back To Top    #102
    Real Name
    Bob
    Vehicle
    2007 Exploder XLT

Thanks Kendyl!!! Now, where can I find a lossless version of your disc so I can burn my own?
    Follow me on Instagram at #bobditts

4. Back To Top    #103
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Posting this on both sites...

What a pleasure to come out and meet up with many of you again- and many of you for the first time. I've been friends now with Jason for a few years and though We only get to hang out a couple times a year, I'm always treated like family. Just wanted to say thank you for that before anything else. You and Vicki are always so welcoming and gracious when hosting these events and Michelle and I want you to know it's greatly appreciated. Speaking of- Michelle had a great time and was happy to finally meet you both and all of the other characters out at the meet As usual, the BRZ didn't disappoint. I've never been in your car and didn't like what I was hearing. That's a testament to the time and effort you spend really dialing in the tune. Truly- great job. Michelle really liked your car as well. She told me it was her favorite of the meet.

I told her it will be a long walk home.

She changed her mind and said her Corolla was her favorite... Sorry bro, 2nd place is still a great accomplishment.

As usual, the event was outstanding. Not just for the excellent sounding cars and exchanges of gear, demos and knowledge but even moreso for the time spent with just a great group of people. These are the things that draw and keep people involved in this hobby and what a great group we have.

With that said, I just wanted to follow up with a couple of comments for a few of you fellas.

Man... James I was talking to Michelle and saying how much you remind me of myself when I started in this hobby about 10 years ago. The enthusiasm and passion for the hobby and the desire to absorb as much as you can is just cool to see. You had lots of great ideas for the truck and I'm confident that you'll be able to progress much quicker than I did.

Chris- I like where you're going with the Fit. I was very surprised with the sound you were getting (stage height particularly) with your mounting locations. Your tuning skills are getting much better and I enjoyed the demo in the car. I was surprised at just how deep the dash is in that little sucker. Between that and the huge pocket windows up there, you've got plenty of options for the future. That thing could be pretty ridiculous

It's always exciting to see some of the young guns like you two (James, Chris) and see what you guys are up to and how your progressing.

Clay- You know, I was thinking about this on my trip home and in talking with Michelle. I don't think I've ever heard anything but super positive encouragement from you on not only my builds, but also everyone else's. You always bring a good energy to these things and it's always a pleasure to catch up with you. I was digging the new Morel tweeters. I think your tune had a little more smoothness to it this time (less edgy) and probably in part to the new tweets. It's always fun to demo the SS, just sad it was at the end of the night and I didn't have more seat time.

Chuck- I wish we had gotten more time to chill and chat it up. It was great to see you out there again. Been what...a couple years now? Hopefully you'll reconsider the competition thing, or at least make a finals trip. You always have a very strong system and it's one I make a point to demo every time.

John- Great job on the Audi. That thing has a boatload of potential. The scary thing is that it already sounds quite good yet still has room to grow. Hopefully you'll stick with the competitions this season and make your way to finals. I'll be anxious to hear it again after a season of fine tuning. That car will be quite a beast.

Erin- Your stage was right.

But in all seriousness, excellent job on the Civic. I really liked the changes you made. You know as I've told you before- I really have to nitpick tiny things in your systems because they are so consistently solid. Dropping in the Satori's and adding the Scan tweeters has changed the shape of your staging from where it was at finals. It used to have an almost "horseshoe' effect where things got deeper as they went closer to the center of the stage, like an arc. I thought maybe it was a product of the shape of the dash/windshield and reflections, but I didn't find that it exhibited this at all in your latest revision. In addition, the sub is no longer apparent in the rear from localization. You managed to fix two little issues AND keep the excellent tonality your car typically exhibits- Bravo! I think this setup is superior to your car last year and it was damn good then. A few more minor tweaks and your podium bound, I feel pretty confident of that.

Casey- I'm glad I finally got to demo your Civic, it's been a long time coming! I know you said you had a very basic tune on it, but I was very impressed by how balanced it was. I love all of the driver choices because they clearly just work for you in that car. Man...I can't wait to hear that thing when it's totally dialed in. It's going to be amazing. Oh, and excellent install as well. Those pillars are so sick.

Chris- Thanks for the demo in the Ram. I was digging those little Dayton AMT's and the RS75's. Plenty of detail to be had there. I'm looking forward to my next demo to see where you've taken it

For everyone else- thank you for the demos, and for getting into Michelled Corolla to take a listen to our quick tune, check out the work done and for providing some feedback. We got down to Jays Friday night and only had the tweeters playing so we were scrambling to get things going so it would be listenable. Unfortunately, I didnt bring the aux adapter so we could RTA it so I was using pink noise and tones which after a while gets you burned out, so hopefully the tune didn't offend anyone lol

We had a great time and are looking forward to hanging out with the NCSQ crowd again and bringing a more dialed in car next time (whether it's her Corolla or my Mazda).

-Steve

5. Back To Top    #104
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Well, I'm really beat....Just got to my hotel in Columbia, MO. We cleaned up this morning, and then Ali and I went to the airport - he flew to Vancouver and I flew to Kansas City - then drove to Columbia. Just had a dinner of chips, Bobos bar, and a couple of m&m's. So I won't be as long winded as I usually am.

Thank you all for making this another wonderful NCSQ meet. We had a group of guys at the house on Friday night when the weather was perfect. Everyone came prepared on Saturday - mostly regarding attitude of forbearance - others with shelters, etc. to cope with the rain. I don't think we really lost anyone because of the weather.

Thanks Kendal for posting your pics - I have just a few that I'll post as well (depending on my internet connection - hotspot to phone because this hotel connection is so bad.

I'm so glad that I have been blessed with such an understanding wife that accommodates me, this crazy hobby, and my wild friends I'm so glad I'm blessed with a place to host these events, and I'm so glad I'm blessed with folks willing to do this twice a year.

It was wonderful to see the enthusiasm of everyone - the desire to share what you have created / improved and the desire to experience and provide congrats to what others have created / improved.....that is about the essence of these little get togethers. Apparently everyone has a great time standing around and talking about audio as well

Vicki and I thank you all for bringing all of the food to enjoy - the cook out was a lot of fun, and I think everyone had their fill. Ok, a few photos.

Friday Night

The big moment - was there going to be an explosion?

6. Back To Top    #105
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

Lady Obvious!

Likely my only opportunity to be in an Audi

Apparently the first time that CD player has been used

Saturday

Worked well - Thanks Erin!

7. Back To Top    #106
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2015 Audi S4

The damaged greenery

The culprit.......doesn't look sorry does he?

Erin being Erin......

8. Back To Top    #107
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Thanks for the pics, Jason and Steve Kendal

9. Back To Top    #108
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle