Thread: FS: Pioneer avh-x1700s 3-way active double din and PPI Atom 1000.4

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

FS: Pioneer avh-x1700s 3-way active double din and PPI Atom 1000.4

Long story short I was told a double din would fit in my dash but come to find out it will require a little cutting to make it happen. The dash bezel is about 1/32" too small in both directions and a piece of plastic would have to be cut in the dash itself. Trimming to make it fit is out of the question because having a double din isn't THAT important to me. Looks like it's back to single din for Hillbilly.

Pioneer 1700-9.5/10 just because I hooked it up and powered it up. Otherwise it's basically bnib. $210 shipped lower 48.

PPI Atom 1000.4-10/10. I tried it out on my widebanders from about 1khz and up and wasn't very impressed but feel it would be just fine as a tiny midbass or low powered sub amp...or even in a boat or beater car. I just don't think the technology is there yet for an amp like this to be used for the top-end on low distortion speakers. As long as it's used for the right reason it will make someone a wonderful little amp. $110 shipped lower 48.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. I can text you any additional pics you might need if considering purchasing.

Last edited by Hillbilly SQ; 01-10-2015 at 07:11 PM.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: FS: Pioneer avh-x1700s 3-way active double din and PPI Atom 1000.4

Good luck man! Very nice pieces there, should move fairly quickly
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I'm open to suggestions and would swap straight across for an 80prs. Since the unit has only been powered up once for about 15 seconds (they I realized I had gotten bad info on fitment) I'm not willing to take too big of a hit on it. Still, make me an offer to see if I'll bite. The worst I can do is say noPioneer seems to have really stepped it up with putting 3-way active processing in their dd units. Wish I could have made this one work without cutting/trimming.
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

Price drop to $200 shipped for the headunit and $100 shipped for the amp.