Thread: FS: Kef R-series Concentric (Coaxial) Speakers.

1. Back To Top    #1

FS: Kef R-series Concentric (Coaxial) Speakers.

Info:

I'm changing things up in my HT and need to sell my beloved Kefs to get funds for new seats. These came from my DIY home speakers; I still have a set in my car. Besides myself, the buyer of these would be the only other person I know of who has a set of these raw drivers.

If you don't know about the Kefs, these are practically impossible to get. These are not sold as individual speakers and therefore can only be obtained if you have a serial number from a speaker they are in. The cheapest way to get these particular concentrics is if you buy the R300 which run for about $1800/pair from Kef and pluck the drivers out. As far as I know, I am only one of two people who are using these in a DIY application. In the world of coaxial type drivers, these are pretty much king. They are true concentric drive units (not just a coaxial) with the voice coil of both the tweeter and midrange aligned in the x/y/z axes. They are probably the best 'coaxial' speakers you'll ever have the chance to use. And I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that.

I tested these for my site a couple years ago. Link here:
    http://medleysmusings.com/kef-r300-m...-unit-testing/

Condition:

Excellent condition. 9/10. These were high passed at 500hz on the midrange and about 2.8khz on the tweeters. They also come with the round trim ring.

Asking Price:

Kefs: $590 shipped, OBO, conus. Keep in mind there are (4) individual drivers here and not just two mids.

If you don't want the trim rings, I'll knock off $30.

Email: hardisj(at)gmail(dot)com and PM are fine.

Photos:

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: FS: Kef R-series Concentric (Coaxial) Speakers.

If you weren't already running them up high in yer car.......I'd probably buy them.....lol. Nice drivers fo sho, glws!