Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full Pioneer Stage 4 in my F250... Shake and bake

1. Back To Top    #1

Full Pioneer Stage 4 in my F250... Shake and bake

Ok guys. I'm back at it again. But this time I truly hope this is the equipment I will keep for a long time. I know I've gone through tons of equipment without installing it. More than I care to admit. One of the main reasons being I'm anal about having everything "match."
    I recently bought a 2001 F250 crew cab and hoping it will last a long time. I absolutely love this truck. It has the 7.3 and should be nearly bullet proof. The exterior has some wear to it, which is expect with 185,000 miles. But the interior is immaculately. It's near perfect. I bought the truck because my custom cabinet business has been really good. And I bought an enclosed trailer, so I needed a truck. And along with the cabinet business growing I decided to Build a new workshop on my property. And I promised myself I would not start my install until the shop was done.
    And as of this weekend the shop has Power and the inside is done. The exterior still need paint but with the weather being what it is, it will have to wait a bit. The shop is 30x44 with 12' ceilings. And I feel very blessed that the business has allowed this. The tools will get moved in when I get back from visiting family for New Years. I'll post up some pics of the shop and the truck
    So onto the audio. I'm a huge Pioneer fan for some reason. So I decided to go all Pioneer Stage 4. This would normally not be in my budget but I searched and found some great deals. The head u it will be a P01. I love the Japanese menus actually. To me it adds to the "rarity" of the deck. And my pride and joy is a trio of Stage 4 amps. I have a pair of PRS-A900s that will run the 3 way Stage 4 comps. And a PRS-1200SPL to run at least one of the Stage 4 10" subs. I have a pair of subs but unsure if I will be able to fit both.
    All the drivers will be in front of the truck. Midbass in door locations, tweeters and midrange in sails or A pillers, and the sub/subs in the center console area. I have some idea a for the subs that I will share later. The amps, cap, and distribution will go behind the rear seat.
    I actually installed a 12" flip down for the kids this evening. That's what made me decide to go ahead and to this Build log. It will be motivation to keep going. So here's some pics:

2012 Ford Flex on 22s. With a system that will forever be pending.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Full Pioneer Stage 4 in my F250... Shake and bake

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200_s.gif 
Views:	754 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	3625
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Looking forward to this.

Beautiful shop, nice truck and I'm glad to see I'm not the only person who decorates the kitchen table with car audio gear.

4. Back To Top    #4
    a boom box is not a toy jowens500's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

The doors are horrible locations in those trucks. There's plenty of room in the floorboards for midbass drivers.

5. Back To Top    #5

I want to see more pics of those midbass locations. I never considered that. Very curious

6. Back To Top    #6

daaamn, git it son!

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

Where the cab mount bolts are covered in the floorboards is a huge cavity screaming "cut me open and put a midbass here"! Really easy to do and I highly recommend doing it.

8. Back To Top    #8

Jeez man. That's nice. I will definitely look I to it. If you have more install pics feel free to share. Looks like a nice install.

9. Back To Top    #9

Keep in mind your stage in the bandwidth covered by the midbass will be more narrow by installing them in the floorboard like that compared to the doors. Everything is a compromise

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    1996 Honda Civic 3 Door

Quote Originally Posted by Impious View Post
    Keep in mind your stage in the bandwidth covered by the midbass will be more narrow by installing them in the floorboard like that compared to the doors. Everything is a compromise
    Not even a factor in the intended bandwidth for midbass drivers.

This is Brian Souter's (Genxx)F-250 that won finals in 2009. There's an extensive build log of it on Diyma.
    http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53867
    Link.^
    Last edited by jowens500; 01-02-2015 at 07:02 PM.