1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Re: Amp recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by captainobvious View Post
    Oh and... http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...m_REF4920.aspx

You might want to snatch a pair of those up while you can. You won't find them at that price again, especially new.
    Agreed, these suckers are gonna get pricey once the supply starts to dry up. Same goes for their homelier Cousin the PPI Power Class.

2. Back To Top    #12

I have some experience with just about everything on that list there. If you have the space, the Soundstream REF's are excellent amplifiers. The Arc KS would be my next choice. The Zapco Z-150.6 is a nice amp, doesn't do anything wrong per-say, but I would have much preferred chassis mounted tiffany RCA's as the crappy board mounted units they have sometimes have the shield pop off of them. That's not something that should be an issue with a $1000 amplifier. So that's why it's further down on the list.

Take a good look at the SS REF's, Arc KS series and the Arc XDiv2's. That new 6 channel is nice as well. Best looks and build quality is going to go to the REF's though.

You might want to snatch a pair of those up while you can. You won't find them at that price again, especially new.
    You're right, I've also seen a couple things about the Z's like that. At that price point, I would expect more. The Arc's are nice, a little pricey but worth it. Would probably snag two KS300.4s. Why are they called the KAR series but then named KSxxx? I don't know why that bothers me.

Would I be better off just keeping the Zed after I get it repaired? It was working fine for me for a year now, and I've been happy with it besides this issue, once I got the original bugs worked out. For those that don't know, I had to send it back twice for repairs. One time was a faulty solder joint, another was a leaky capacitor, and that was within a couple months of installing it.

I love the thought of Zuki, but some things like his reply time, other threads people have made, and customer service reviews have kind of turned me off from that. Unfortunately. If I buy new, warranty is pretty important.

The REFs are at the top of my list at this point I think. Only caveat is finding them when I am ready to buy. I still need to get the Levi repaired and sold, so it will be about a month. Not enough spare cash to front it either. Hmmm, decisions.
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Benjamin
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 (DT) 5.7 Hemi

Wow, how did I miss that about those SoundStream amps ? Two of those at that price will more then take care of your needs. Just as suggested get them asap, as a matter of fact get them yesterday that's how quickly you should buy lol. Keep us posted when they arrive to you.
    Source: factory
    Amp: Zapco LX
    Processor : Helix Pro & Director
    Speakers : Sinfoni
    Subwoofer : MKV

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHTSHADE View Post
    Wow, how did I miss that about those SoundStream amps ? Two of those at that price will more then take care of your needs. Just as suggested get them asap, as a matter of fact get them yesterday that's how quickly you should buy lol. Keep us posted when they arrive to you.

I'm more than happy with my REF5.1000 and REF2.360, even when they were going for $380-$420 to $200-250 respectively they were a steal.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by gckless View Post
    You're right, I've also seen a couple things about the Z's like that. At that price point, I would expect more. The Arc's are nice, a little pricey but worth it. Would probably snag two KS300.4s. Why are they called the KAR series but then named KSxxx? I don't know why that bothers me.

Would I be better off just keeping the Zed after I get it repaired? It was working fine for me for a year now, and I've been happy with it besides this issue, once I got the original bugs worked out. For those that don't know, I had to send it back twice for repairs. One time was a faulty solder joint, another was a leaky capacitor, and that was within a couple months of installing it.

I love the thought of Zuki, but some things like his reply time, other threads people have made, and customer service reviews have kind of turned me off from that. Unfortunately. If I buy new, warranty is pretty important.

The REFs are at the top of my list at this point I think. Only caveat is finding them when I am ready to buy. I still need to get the Levi repaired and sold, so it will be about a month. Not enough spare cash to front it either. Hmmm, decisions.
    Keep in mind I also owned Zed Leviathans and they are no longer in my vehicle Mine were switched out because of exactly what you're dealing with. I'd prefer for my equipment to just work and not have to go in for repairs. Especially multiple ones. That said, it happens and I understand it. But there have been quite a few horror stories.

You should do what makes the most sense for you personally of course, but I would be more inclined to sell the Zed and snatch a pair of those REFs up asap.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    I'm more than happy with my REF5.1000 and REF2.360, even when they were going for $380-$420 to $200-250 respectively they were a steal.
    I know I was recommending them hard to you as well after the amplifier testing. Glad they are kicking butt for you.

I'd have ZERO reservation running them in my vehicle if the physical dimensions met my needs.

7. Back To Top    #17

So they are out of stock. No REFs at all . Despite the website saying so.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Have you talked to Scott at Ground zero?

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    Have you talked to Scott at Ground zero?
    Oh MAN! Can't believe I didn't think of this. Prices have been the only thing holding me back from them. Lemme see what he can do.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

10. Back To Top    #20

So just got a really good offer for a pair of Ground Zero Uranium amps.

http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/...ua-4150sq.html
    http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/...ua-2250sq.html

The 2 and 4 channels are the same price. Still a bit more than I wanted to spend, but might be worth it. Been wanting to give the GZ stuff a try for a while. Who has ran GZ before? I've heard their stuff in a demo car, it wasn't tuned, but sounded pretty damn good.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370