Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Amp recommendations

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Amp recommendations

GZ Hydrogen are stout as well. Would definitely love to see a build incorporating those.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #32

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    GZ Hydrogen are stout as well. Would definitely love to see a build incorporating those.
    These are actually more suited for me I think. But, I want the new ones with the finned heatsink and inputs/controls on the front, not the old ones with the black tops, and he said he doesn't know when he'll get those in
    Build log: 2011 Chevrolet Impala
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370
    Ground Zero GZHA 4200XII & 2400XII

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

3. Back To Top    #33

Choices:

1) Keep the Levi for now. Send it in to get fixed and possibly modded somehow (maybe higher power on channels 5-6 but stable at 8ohms or something). Figure things out later.
    2) Gladen XL-250c4. Would love a Mosconi AS200.4, but not enough power, and too expensive to get two Mosconi's, even smaller ones.
    3) Soundstream REF2.640 and REF4.920. This is a deal that's going to expire VERY soon, like within the next couple days.
    4) Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII and 4200XII, but those won't be available for a couple months.

I know you guys love the REFs. Would save me money too. I'm very close to pulling the trigger, just want to make sure. To be really honest, the lack of components on the board of the REFs kinda makes me nervous. I don't know why.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

4. Back To Top    #34

Thanks for all the help guys, for now I'm just going to get the Levi fixed. I am still going to swap it out more than likely, so this thread and all suggestions are still valid, but I am going to stay with 2-way.

Still need 100Wx2 at 4ohms and 150+Wx2 at 8ohms, which is hard to find in a single four-channel. Right now my top choices are:

- Ground Zero GZHA 2400XII and 4200XII, won't be available for a couple months.
    - Wait for [MENTION=147]West[/MENTION]'s creations, but those might not be until summer or later. Development always takes longer than planned :apologetic:

Still open to ideas.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370

5. Back To Top    #35

Just spitballing, might end up unloading the DC 5k and picking up two GZHA 1.1850DXII's (http://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/...11850dxii.html), depending on price and subs I run. All GZ amps would be cool, and would be perfect on the SDX12's I'm eyeing.
    Pioneer DEH-80PRS
    Vifa NE25VTS-04
    Stereo Integrity TM65
    Dayton Audio HO 15
    Soundstream REF2.370