Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 wrx - very basic install

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: 2015 wrx - very basic install

You know I'm gonna give the thumbs up! Good looking WRX, and good choice of equipment!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Mike
    Vehicle
    '02 wrx, '08 Subaru Spec B, '15 s1000r

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    That's a fine looking set up you got there, I'd love to here your opinion on those PPI Comps. I've got them lined up for my build.
    Thanks guys! I don't have much first hand experience with high end setups but I'll share what I know. Compared to the Infinity Kappa speakers and Alpine amps I have had on the last 2 cars I've owned - this has highs that are just as clear, but the midbass is much stronger and overall power handling is better hands down. I have read on other forums about guys winning competitions using these with the PPI 900.4 amps which made me jump on them (especially given the price). I look forward to hearing other setups at meets now that I am trying to attend those, but I can only imagine with proper install and a DSP the speakers will handle what you throw them. I like the idea of three way and hope that down the road I will be doing an active setup with a good DSP.

For now I wanted a clear, clean, responsive setup and these deliver what I was looking for.

3. Back To Top    #13

good job and welcome. great looking car and setup

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Chris B
    Vehicle
    2019 Japanese 4dr Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by coldsoda View Post
    Only outstanding issue I need to resolve is mounting the sub securely. I have it in to test fit how it fits against the back seat, but do not have any bracketing in place yet to hold it. Would be nice to have that in there soon...
    In the past, I used L brackets bolted to the top of my enclosure with the other side screwed into the steel under the rear deck to hold my enclosure in place. That worked in both my 1997 Civic EX coupe and my 2012 WRX.
    2019 WRX Limited - Stock HK for now while waiting on parts to be developed...

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Mike
    Vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    In the past, I used L brackets bolted to the top of my enclosure with the other side screwed into the steel under the rear deck to hold my enclosure in place. That worked in both my 1997 Civic EX coupe and my 2012 WRX.
    Cool that sounds like the best plan. Just need to get over to home depot to see what I can find. Thanks!

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Mike
    Vehicle

bumping the thread here... wanted to share that I wasnt super impressed with the sub to be honest... I couldn't get the sound to feel full and strong.

well today I swapped out my PPI 900.4 amp and the mono PRS-D1200M amp with a 5 channel pdx v9 to save on space and the sub really woke up with the extra juice. I had the gain way up on the pioneer amp and still couldn't get it to match the output of the fronts and blend well, but sub sounds a lot better now with the gain at about 50% on the pdxv9.

I admit I'm still not an audiophile and still learning in the car audio world, but I noticed a good increase in performance with the extra wattage to the stage 4 TS-W252PRS sub. Sounds great, I look forward to dialing it in even more with a DSP in the near future... I'm keeping my eye out on the classifieds for a used one

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

That is awesome news! Always good to have progress.
    Are you not entertained?!?!