Thread: How well do you hear ?

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Re: How well do you hear ?

Right at 16khz
    Low frequency my headphone make noise at 2Hz but, its not a tone can hear 10Hz.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Same here, headphones on, I can start at 15.8kHz on the first test. At 11Hz they start making mechanical noise, but no really audible sound until about 22Hz
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
    Big Daddy how low can your work rig go? With and without the horn loaded hallway?
    Depends on where you stand/Sit and how loud it is. Things start to rattle in here too, it's just an office, full of shit, with a big solid door, mechanical sweep and seals. There is like another 6-8' above the ceiling to the concrete deck above so I have a 2'X4' section of tile out to give the room some more volume. That has it's ups and downs.

There is a JL Audio Fathom 112 in here so it is no slouch. The speakers go decently low on their own (a/d/s L730).

Fortunately I work in a place that I can get away with not using conventional "office speakers."

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram

I remember hearing Mark Eldridge's Fathom 12 and self-amplified Genelecs with 8" woofer and 1" tweeter. Think the Fathom had a big Bash amp in it. I'd love to have me a set of Genelecs
    They might say "don't try this at home" but nothing about not trying it at your friend's house.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

They don't suck at all. We are getting ready to switch from JBL to genelec at some point, then I'll have to get a set. I've always just used JBL or a/d/s. very different voicing but I'm used to them. You can "hear through" the a/d/s speakers, whereas the JBLs will give you more of a sense of dynamic realism.

Our recording department (self-funded) uses some gelenec but the main room is 2X JL audio F112 and a pair of lipinski sound L-707. Yes, stereo subs.

6. Back To Top    #26
    Vehicle
    BMW 530I E39

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    My office neighbor hates me now.

"Knock it off or I'm going to come in there and puke!"

I think my cracked office door may have been the compression area for a horn loaded hallway.
    Lol

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Depends on where you stand/Sit and how loud it is. Things start to rattle in here too, There is a JL Audio Fathom 112 in here so it is no slouch. The speakers go decently low on their own (a/d/s L730).

Fortunately I work in a place that I can get away with not using conventional "office speakers."
    I called Tina and I told her 'Big Daddy' cranks that shit one more time and I'm gonna come and 'SLAP' you ... Tina !

LOL
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]