Page 114 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1191

Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #1131

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by claydo View Post
    That mellowtone is pricey, but I love how resilient it is to uv.....a no fade bonus!!

It is indeed pricey. But it's the best grille cloth I've used to date. I definitely wouldn't waste money on it if you needed something to make a shape for glassing purposes, but for cosmetic purposes it's the best thing smokin'. Strong, durable, black (not purple like PE's other black cloth) and very acoustically transparent according to what I've read from the home audiobook DIY'rs.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

2. Back To Top    #1132
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    It is indeed pricey. But it's the best grille cloth I've used to date. I definitely wouldn't waste money on it if you needed something to make a shape for glassing purposes, but for cosmetic purposes it's the best thing smokin'. Strong, durable, black (not purple like PE's other black cloth) and very acoustically transparent according to what I've read from the home audiobook DIY'rs.
    Yep I can confirm their regular stuff in gray is a cheap dye job as well. That purple tinge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

3. Back To Top    #1133

Quote Originally Posted by erinh View Post
    Definitely wouldn't use it for glassing base....lol, but I have headliner material between the back of my pods and windshield for a dampening pad, being made for automotive I was disappointed when it faded from black to a light gray in a matter of weeks in the direct sunilight.....covered that material with the black mellow tone and it is still a deep black like 6 months later......here's hoping it continues to hold up!

4. Back To Top    #1134
    Team Knuckledragger papacueball's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jason
    Vehicle
    2011 Dodge Charger

Wrapped my pillars with mellotone this last time over a year ago, and no fading so far.

5. Back To Top    #1135
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Mellowtone is the only way to go...

Sure wish I could remember where I ordered it in bulk

6. Back To Top    #1136

Glad to hear all is right in the Mac world again

7. Back To Top    #1137

Yep. All is well. I installed it last night. Will have to re-set my gains but she's playing. It was nice to be able to drive in to work with music for a change.

She sounds fantastic. I don't want to #humblebrag so I'll refrain from using audiophile buzzwords (Kendal! lol). But suffice it to say, I'm really happy right now. Now I need to get the tune and gain structure sorted out before next weekend's meet. Woot!
    Last edited by erinh; 03-31-2017 at 07:53 AM.

Follow my blog:

8. Back To Top    #1138
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Sweet Erin !
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

9. Back To Top    #1139
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I can't wait to hear this beast.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

10. Back To Top    #1140

Well, in all my years of doing this stuff I've never said "I'm done" because I know better. But here it goes: The Civic is done.

I'm extremely happy with it as an overall package; sound and aesthetics. All the things I wanted this car to be over the years, it finally is. The driver selection does what I need, from the midrange/tweeter stealthily installed behind the pillar to the subs up front. The rear fill enhancing the soundstage. The Sony doing it's thing (although it is sometimes a pain in the butt). The Mc meters dancing up front. And the big boy Mc amp in the back really anchors it all for me. Heck, I think one of my favorite things is just having the power supply installed in the car. When I want to plug the car up to external power I just run an extension cord to the outlet at the rear fender and plug it right in. It's the little things (that's what she said)! In terms of how it sounds, I'm really happy with it. I won't go in to details because it always just winds up sounding like bragging to some so I'll just leave it at that.

There truly isn't a thing about this install I would change. Through the last 7 years there's always been something that wasn't right and there was that desire to keep pushing the envelope in my car. I can honestly say there is nothing about this setup I would change. At 203k miles she's been kind to me. So here's to riding this sucker out another few years or until the engine falls out of the car.

So to recap, the final gear list is:
    • Sony GS9 Headunit
    • Mcintosh MPM4000 single-din meters
    • Dayton ND16 tweeters
    • Audiofrog GB25 mids
    • Illusion Audio C10 woofers
    • Mcintosh MC4000M 6-Channel Amp (front speakers)
    • Mcintosh MC423 2-Channel Amp (differential rear fill amp)
    • Audiofrog GB25 mids (differential rear fill speakers)
    • Helix DSP Pro 2
    • Iota 45 amp power supply installed in the car

I previously had a tan dash mat to hide all the wear/tear on my dash but I swapped to black dash mat last week because it blends better with the pillars and helps to provide a 'no boundary' look between the pillar and dash.

And to the folks who are itching to say something snide or negative about me having finally completed this journey ... maybe just try being happy for your fellow audio buddy.
    Last edited by erinh; 04-10-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Follow my blog: