Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: My "not fancy" just for fun build

1. Back To Top    #221
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: My "not fancy" just for fun build

I told you good things happen to good people! Looks awesome, and it fits everyone's needs?! A little work and hurrying through the moving process is a small price to pay for what you are going to end up with. Looks like a great adventure and a lot of fun to me!!! Congrats!

2. Back To Top    #222

Quote Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
    I told you good things happen to good people! Looks awesome, and it fits everyone's needs?! A little work and hurrying through the moving process is a small price to pay for what you are going to end up with. Looks like a great adventure and a lot of fun to me!!! Congrats!
    Thanks. This ordeal has me reconsidering my views on divine intervention, LOL. This new place really is the best option out of the literally hundreds of places we have looked at.

3. Back To Top    #223

Trying to get all my stuff packed up. Wife comes in the room, and I am zip-tying these Auras together before I wrapped them in that foam behind them.

She gets all pissed off at me, and yells "we are running out of time! Just throw them in a damn box!". I of course calmly stated "uhh, no, too fragile, they will get ruined for sure."
    That was last night at 11pm. She is still pissed off at me "they are just speakers!"

the struggle is real over here!

4. Back To Top    #224
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

well, I know who to call when I nuke mine....

5. Back To Top    #225

It has been a very looong, and stressful road, this move. Turns out our finance company is the worst bunch of lackadaisical ass-holes on the planet!
    We were supposed to close 11/18. Well, we finally just signed the loan documents Fri. 12/9. Everybody involved was just about ready to commit a mass riot on that company!
    The stress has been overbearing. We have basically been homeless for 3 weeks. I stay at the shop. Allison stays with her mom. Her moms place is over-crowded as is. I do shower there.
    Allison is trying to keep her business alive at her mom's place. But, her clients are running out of patience.
    Lucky for us, the sellers gave us the keys to the shop early. So, we were able to put all our belongings in the shop, before we actually took possession. That was a huge saving grace!
    So, now, the finance company has promised it will fund today! As soon as it funds, it will record at title. And, we will get the keys.
    The seller asked for a couple days to finish moving out. And, after how awesome she has been, we graciously accepted! I may even un-bury my trailer, and give her a hand. (she is struggling a little)
    So, we "should" actually be able to finally move in on Wed.! OMG, I can not wait!!!!!!
    I hope this place is perfect for us. And, if its not, I will make it perfect. Because, there is no way we are going through this again any time soon, if EVER!

Moral of the story: borrowing money when you are self employed is a giant pain in the fucking ass!

6. Back To Top    #226
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Good luck with your move. I've only bought one house and that was hassle enough for me.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #227

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Good luck with your move. I've only bought one house and that was hassle enough for me.
    Thank you. The move itself is done for the most part. All our stuff is already there, packed in the shop.
    Of course, un-packing will be quite the chore. But, at least we won't be on somebody else's time-line.
    And, Allison can get back to work. And her clients can quit having to drive that extra hour per day. That will be the biggest relief!
    She has already had a few mention, if we don't hurry up and get in the new place, they will have to make other arrangements. Not good!

The new shop packed to the gills with our junk:

Even our big trailer has been sitting there for three weeks. It also packed tight with more shtuff!

I can not wait to actually have a place to do projects! I have been stuck on that little sloped driveway, and in that tiny garage that always had her truck inside it, for so long!
    I am going to be in heaven here! I will actually have flat places to park when working on things. I couldn't even check my oil before without having to move my truck out in to the street.
    The driveway was sloped so bad it threw the level way off. And, I will have room to take something apart, without the fear that is has to get put back together that day.
    Because I don't dare leave it apart on the driveway! I have paid my last $50 fine to the Homeowners Association!
    And, there is plenty of room for Allison to have her space, and me to have mine. We are awesome, but we don't share space (namely the garage) well at all!
    It's pretty one sided actually. Her truck stays inside. End of discussion.

Yes, I am going to be in heaven! And, best of all! I can actually get to some projects I have been wanting to do for years! Namely the stereo in my truck!!!!

8. Back To Top    #228
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Moral of the story: borrowing money when you are self employed is a giant pain in the fucking ass!
    I bought a house after "working" for only 7 months... Sweet Jesus....

9. Back To Top    #229
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Germans are lucky with money
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

10. Back To Top    #230

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I bought a house after "working" for only 7 months... Sweet Jesus....
    Yea, and its not like we have bad credit either. We are both over 760.
    Allison has been self-employed, doing the same thing under the same name over 20 years.
    And, I am at 4 years, with pretty solid tax returns.
    I just don't understand why this was soo damn difficult, and convoluted!
    Allison had the house we just sold, built before we got together, 15 years ago. At 5 years of self employment. She said it was as easy as buying a new car.
    She just walked in the bank, and said: "I make this much money per year, how much can I spend on a house?"
    They told her, and that was that. She didn't even have to prove it. This process we just went through has been ridiculous!

Like I said, never again! I am soo glad it is over.