Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything else.

1. Back To Top    #51

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

So far I have a midbass amplifier from the Gods, aha - hifonics "1600w rms" well... it should be good enough to power the mid bass however I plan on running my current cheap components off it having the gain set real low for now until I decide to find an amplifier for mids and tweeters and a dsp and mids and tweeters lol (well one's to be proud of, the current components I have right now sealed the crossovers in heatshrink.

Subwoofer's been taken care of and it's a real proud Sundown sd3 d4 being powered from a 6 year old hifonics brutus 1700.1D

Trying to find nice components that I would be able to run an active set up right now, currently looking at audiofrog and It might happen in the near future.

Just looking over head units I really hope apple car play releases more apps however if I run an active setup would I be better of buying a far more expensive head unit or is this fairly taken care of when using a dsp?

I do plan on making a build log as I've done a few things, however I'm looking for where I could purchase near oem carpet colors. I did purchase some grey carpet however it's really dark and I wish it had a vinyl backing so it wouldn't come unglued.

I have two equalizers and even if I have a dsp I still might be inclined to use them as they'll look cool sticking out of the trim in my truck real cool like just underneath the drivers steering wheel possibly:
    https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...BXiPRO2.0.html - hifonics bxipro2.0 bass expander
    https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...nics-HFEQ.html - hifonics HFEQ line out converter/3 channel equalizer.

And it's really sad for me as a consumer that this is definitely the last Hifonics purchases I will ever be making... as they only post max power for their amplifiers in 2018. Very sad.

So what are the cream on top of the cake as far as the best component speaker brands out there?

2. Back To Top    #52
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: need suggestions for mid range drivers and some tweeters. Ohh... and everything e

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    So what are the cream on top of the cake as far as the best component speaker brands out there?
    These are up there >>> http://www.abt.com/product/94380/Foc...NN&pt_keyword=

https://www.ebay.com/i/372185568584?...D1434823742587

JBL gti. ^^^
    Last edited by Hic; 02-07-2018 at 05:25 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #53

I settled on one pair of morel maximo 2-way. They appear to be the absolute best component set for the price tag of just $160 or so.
    And I might be picking up a second pair.

Still concerned about my plans for midbass however.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Still concerned about my plans for midbass
    Tang Band ?
    https://www.parts-express.com/tang-b...m_campaign=pla
    fs = 35 hZ

Range 35 hZ - 350 hZ midbass ?
    Last edited by Hic; 02-07-2018 at 08:19 PM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

5. Back To Top    #55
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

I settled on one pair of morel maximo 2-way. They appear to be the absolute best component set for the price tag of just $160 or so.
    And I might be picking up a second pair.

Still concerned about my plans for midbass however.

Good choice on the Morels.

As far as midbass, I still say vvv

Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    This is a Tacoma right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
    If so, my recommendation is get a set of Audiofrog GS690 woofers in the front doors. Use the heavy duty HDPE 6x9 adapter baffles from Tacotunes.com to install them. Treat the front doors with CLD and seal up the large openings in the inner metal skin. Use a layer of CCF/MLV under the door panels.

6. Back To Top    #56
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Morel Maximo Ultra 692 ( 6 x 9 ) ? Could mate well with your 6 1/2's ( will bass be enough to work with sub ? )
    Last edited by Hic; 02-07-2018 at 01:56 PM.

7. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

So far I have a midbass amplifier from the Gods, aha - hifonics "1600w rms" well... it should be good enough to power the mid bass
    The Tang Bands are 8 ohm, how many midbass you putting in? One half of power goes to double the resistance or whatever is made @ 4 ohms, only half will go to an 8 ohm speaker.

8. Back To Top    #58

Quote Originally Posted by Hic View Post
    Morel Maximo Ultra 692 ( 6 x 9 ) ? Could mate well with your 6 1/2's ( will bass be enough to work with sub ? )
    I've heard sound waves from 6 x 9's don't give the highest sq. I do know they get louder, due to more surface area.

Just to clarify I bought morel maximo 6 so over sized 6.5". And I can't wait to hear them.

9. Back To Top    #59
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I've heard sound waves from 6 x 9's don't give the highest sq.
    Yeah, oval-shaped waves upset the SQ fairies

You need to quit listening to dumbasses

10. Back To Top    #60
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Wait til he finds "Bazooka" tri-angle shape.

For midrange and up you are great , with Morel

You need to cover 80 hZ to 300. ( Midbass ). Tang band is under $70.
    Positioned under front edge of rear seat .