Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Please help me identify a decdent 10" shallow mount sub. Image Dynamics IDQS10???

1. Back To Top    #51
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Re: Please help me identify a decdent 10" shallow mount sub. Image Dynamics IDQS10??

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I think so - early in that post you linked were some under-hung specs - I bet that's it.

And yeah - this was also TC Sounds glory days. That is a sexy sub.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    I used it in my show car for a few years. Has hardly been used since then. I just don't see how I can use it these days:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200504_193734.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	10712

I'm probably going to throw it up for sale after the CV19 lock down is done. I'll let you know.

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

2. Back To Top    #52
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Re: Please help me identify a decdent 10" shallow mount sub. Image Dynamics IDQS10??

I have an IDQ 10v4 in my daughters' Camaro. I know it's a full size-not shallow mount, however it IS ridiculous. Gets down low and is sharp as a tack when it comes to being musical. I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, however before I bought them I called their tech department and had a lot of questions about this driver since I never heard of them before then. They were very accommodating, especially when it came to box design. I have a complex box I was putting together since I wanted it to sit inside the well of the trunk so the t-top cover would still be utilized-not your standard ones that are out there which take up the whole back end. Given the overall space I had he helped me crunch some numbers that would maximize the musicality of the driver and tune it to a different frequency for my optimum environment. Hope this helps.

3. Back To Top    #53

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    I used it in my show car for a few years. Has hardly been used since then. I just don't see how I can use it these days:

Name:	IMG_20200504_193734.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	309.3 KB 
ID:	10712

I'm probably going to throw it up for sale after the CV19 lock down is done. I'll let you know.

Ge0
    Oh yeah, please do! Definitely would be interested. Thanks.

And update us when you get that baffle built - I'm hoping it works.

4. Back To Top    #54
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    I have an IDQ 10v4 in my daughters' Camaro. I know it's a full size-not shallow mount, however it IS ridiculous. Gets down low and is sharp as a tack when it comes to being musical. I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, however before I bought them I called their tech department and had a lot of questions about this driver since I never heard of them before then. They were very accommodating, especially when it came to box design. I have a complex box I was putting together since I wanted it to sit inside the well of the trunk so the t-top cover would still be utilized-not your standard ones that are out there which take up the whole back end. Given the overall space I had he helped me crunch some numbers that would maximize the musicality of the driver and tune it to a different frequency for my optimum environment. Hope this helps.
    If you have followed this thread you would see Image Dynamics was my first choice. I agree. Love the product. It just isn't going to work for me here.

Ge0

5. Back To Top    #55
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

I posted that before I finished reading the whole post. BTW what's up with your little avatar guy, he looks like something I don't think I should say out here...LOL

6. Back To Top    #56
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

I posted that before I finished reading the whole post. BTW what's up with your little avatar guy, he looks like something I don't think I should say out here...LOL
    That's a famous internet meme among kids. His name is Dick-butt and he helps me keep my identity safe online by hiding my license plate. You need to have teenage boys to understand .

Ge0

7. Back To Top    #57
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    Oh yeah, please do! Definitely would be interested. Thanks.

And update us when you get that baffle built - I'm hoping it works.

Parts have been ordered but deliveries are delayed. I have the wood. Need to repair my amp, get some carpet, grill material, speaker adapter rings, labor, etc... I'm good at keeping folks postred.

Ge0

8. Back To Top    #58
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

I understand about having your plate blocked out. I've got teenage girls and an older son. I haven't seen that one yet, however i was thinking of something along those lines...haha

9. Back To Top    #59
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

I understand about having your plate blocked out. I've got teenage girls and an older son. I haven't seen that one yet, however i was thinking of something along those lines...haha
    I just realized the camrea on my phone takes a bigger picture than what you see on the screen. I purposely take my license plate out of the shot we taking pictures. That's weird...

Ge0

10. Back To Top    #60
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

I'm starting with a single JL 10TW3 to see if that satisfies me. If not, I'll cut another hole and try two SD4's or something similar like the Audiomobiles.

Ge0
    So here is how they compare in a .8cuft sealed box on 500 watts. JL TW3 10D4 (red) vs SD4-10 D4 (yellow) vs SD3-10 D4 (green). A quick search didn't produce ts parameters for the automobile, although I did have them at some point when I did this for MiniSQ I believe.

Name:	JLTW310 (red) vs SD410 (yellow) vs SD310 (green).png 
Views:	379 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	10763
    Cone displacement

Name:	JLTW310 (red) vs SD410 (yellow) vs SD310 (green) cone displacement.png 
Views:	327 
Size:	33.6 KB 
ID:	10764

Forgot to mention that I do not have Le for the JL so that is why it does not taper off with frequency like the others. JL doesn't give that specification unless you ask for it.
    Last edited by JCsAudio; 05-06-2020 at 04:27 PM.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901