Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

1. Back To Top    #91
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

Your sub will do great in that box . Now, if "you" can hear a difference , you are a ( G O D ) !
    If you could tell the diff of a sub in 1 cu ft & 1.2 cu ft ( every time in a test ). You would rule on all high ,, forever !

2. Back To Top    #92

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Your sub will do great in that box . Now, if "you" can hear a difference , you are a ( G O D ) !
    If you could tell the diff of a sub in 1 cu ft & 1.2 cu ft ( every time in a test ). You would rule on all high ,, forever !
    Definitely dont compare to God. Im sure he wouldnt have this much problems wiring subs LOL

3. Back To Top    #93

Ok I'll let it be. Does any of the Theile/Small parameters matter much in sealed enclosures? Any sub specs thata important in sealed boxes besides air space optimum performance?

4. Back To Top    #94
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

The VAS , XMAX , Qts , Fs just some off top of my head .
    When you put a sub in a sealed box , it will do as well as it can do.
    Stuffing a box changes it from isothermal to adiabatic compression, iirc.
    If you put a solid object or bag of sand , etc.., in there your cubic footage will get smaller.
    T-nuts and machine thread screws allow for easiest ( on and off ) process .
    Sand will stop resonations and increase weight.
    Bracing a box will help with flexing , if box is flexing , then the output in decibels will drop. At an SPL contest , I saw the people lay on roof and push bodies against doors when burping. (Pick-up truck )

5. Back To Top    #95
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Here is how some do sealed ( wood/screws/glue ).
    I design in a box building program , take subwoofer and design to a wood working shop (carpenter) .
    My first box was a demo box ( it demonstrated how sub sounded in 1 cu. ft. Sealed as well as slot-ported. The top is removeable ( visual aid ) . After MrMarv sent it to me from Cali. I took poly-urethane and painted inside/outside of 1" hdf .
    My eldest boy has it to this day.

6. Back To Top    #96
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

It matters but sealed enclosures are more forgiving, especially if it's a tad larger. When they get too small, you begin to lose low end and efficiency. Larger means more bottom end to a point. When it gets way too big you begin to approach infinite baffle performance. Thats not necessarily a bad thing but there is no danger of that happening in your box.
    Throw your subs in and enjoy the tunes. If you're concerned, measure the inside and calculate how much space you really have. Filling space is easy but I don't think it's going to be necessary.
    If you'll give me a cab measurement, I can roughly model the in cab response. This will show what a good range of air space for your subs would be. I need to know the longest dimension of your cab. Measure from the driver's footwell to the roof in the upper rear passenger side corner. This helps to roughly approximate cabin gain by indicating which frequency cabin gain should begin to kick in. In my 4Runner its roughly 50 Hz, yours should be a higher frequency which also means more gain. It not exact since you rarely gain the full 12 db per octave but gives an idea.
    Meh, it'll play.

7. Back To Top    #97
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

Transfer function or cabin gain

http://www.glasswolf.net/papers/xferfunct.html
    http://www.caraudiohelp.com/newsletter/cabin_gain.html

http://audiojudgement.com/high-outpu...fer-enclosure/
    __________________________________________________ __.
    https://www.gmfullsize.com/threads/c...quency.232068/

Sean aka Ibanender , thinks 45 hZ - 50 hZ for transfer function
    FricaseeKid started thread on a full-size truck forum and Sean ess-plained.
    Last edited by Queef; 12-09-2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Cabin gain in GMC Sierra

8. Back To Top    #98
    Vehicle

I did not read all of those links but the last one seemed like an entertaining argument.
    I like to use the term rough estimate when modeling. It's very rough when it comes to cabin gain/transfer function. I use it more to get some basics. It won't be exact but can sometimes show you when it might go sideways.
    Meh, it'll play.

9. Back To Top    #99
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

I enjoyed the last one to , Smitty and Fricaseekid is a member here.
    What do you think on an extended cab GMC Sierra , or need the measurements ? 48-50 Hz ?

10. Back To Top    #100
    Vehicle

My 4Runner is 50hz when done with math so I would guess the truck would be higher. I have a '95 Chevy available so I might just measure that.

I usually measure it with a 12" sealed sub I have but I lost my mic when I loaned it to a friend so I'm stuck with math for the moment.
    Meh, it'll play.