Name:	20191206_223959.jpg 
Views:	310 
Size:	4.55 MB 
ID:	7961

2. Back To Top    #62
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Re: Kenwood KAC 7204 AMP

You only need the one wire going into the chamber as shown in the photo. You only to join the drivers when wiring in series. In this case, only the voice coils are in series which only needs a small piece of wire. When I can back to my PC, I'll make you some diagrams for the wiring.
    BTW, when the wire is laying on the bottom of the box, it's good to place foam tape around the wire or place some on the box wall. You don't want it to rattle.
    Meh, it'll play.

3. Back To Top    #63
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    So for example, I have a sealed box thats tuned at 38hz. Each chamber volume is 1.2 cuft. The sub will fill up .5 cuft of that and I will have .7 cuft for the sub to work with. This would not be good because my box would categorize as a large box and My net air space around the same as the gross air space that's tequires for optimized performance. Are u following me or am I confusing the shit outta you lol?
    Just to make sure you’re using the right numbers, the sub displaces .05 cubic ft NOT .5. So if you’re enclosure is 1.2 cubit ft the sub will “see” 1.15 NOT .7. It’s not necessarily a bad thing to have it in a larger than recommended box but several things will be affected. The air in a sealed box acts as a spring on the cone “controlling” the cone movement. The smaller the box, the more pressure on the back of the cone limiting its movement. Larger box... less limiting of cone movement. So in a larger box (since the cone will move easier) the sub will be more efficient and play lower... with one caveat... the power handling also reduces. I hope I didn’t confuse you more, but also remember you won’t be using all 250w ALL the time unless you’re playing pure sine waves constantly.

As you can also see in the ID pic you posted as the box gets bigger the -3dB number goes down. This number the the point where you’re frequency plays 3dB less. So you’re 1.2 sealed box will play lower than a smaller box.

As an example... about 20 yrs (or so) ago I used to run a JL 12w4 in a 2.5cf sealed box (it was recommended for 1.5 & 300w), powered with a 500w Soundstream Reference amp and I had absolutely no issues and lasted for years.

If you’re super concerned about the airspace you can always get a few blocks of wood and place them inside to bring you’re enclosure volume down (secured of course). Or you could always look for a different set of subs.

4. Back To Top    #64
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

How am I to parallel subs in a sealed box? How does this work? Wires have to run from one sub to another but the chambers are sealed between them
    The best way to accomplish what you’re asking is this: series each sub and connect to the terminal (assuming there’s terminals installed in the box). Then run your 2 pairs of speaker wires to the amp. Connect the 2 positives to the positive terminal on the amp and then likewise for the negative.

5. Back To Top    #65
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

A squirt of silicone (like in amplifiers) keeps things in place. I have two connectors (4 total posts on my W.O.32 ). The two dvc 4 ohm IDMAX 10's are connected with voice coils wired in series, outside I wire the connectors to amplifier in parallel. Thus presenting a 4 ohm final impedance to amp.

Like TheTodd is saying above.

6. Back To Top    #66

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    You only need the one wire going into the chamber as shown in the photo. You only to join the drivers when wiring in series. In this case, only the voice coils are in series which only needs a small piece of wire. When I can back to my PC, I'll make you some diagrams for the wiring.
    BTW, when the wire is laying on the bottom of the box, it's good to place foam tape around the wire or place some on the box wall. You don't want it to rattle.
    Thank you. I could use that definitely

7. Back To Top    #67

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    A squirt of silicone (like in amplifiers) keeps things in place. I have two connectors (4 total posts on my W.O.32 ). The two dvc 4 ohm IDMAX 10's are connected with voice coils wired in series, outside I wire the connectors to amplifier in parallel. Thus presenting a 4 ohm final impedance to amp.

Like TheTodd is saying above.
    But in order to wite the subs in series with each other, I have to drill a hole through the center chamber to get the wire in the other sub, right? Then parallel them from the outside box terminal?

8. Back To Top    #68
    Banned
    Real Name
    Hic

The volume of this box was measured 1.2 cubic feet but for some reason this little nook wasnt included. It was written on the inside of the box when I bought it. Why is that and what should I do with it?
    Nothing with it.

9. Back To Top    #69

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    The best way to accomplish what you’re asking is this: series each sub and connect to the terminal (assuming there’s terminals installed in the box). Then run your 2 pairs of speaker wires to the amp. Connect the 2 positives to the positive terminal on the amp and then likewise for the negative.
    So do all of this from the inside box terminals and have a positive wire from one terminal and a negative from the other terminal, for a mono configuration to the amp?

10. Back To Top    #70

Quote Originally Posted by Queef View Post
    Nothing with it.
    Ok cool