Page 50 of 120 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

1. Back To Top    #491

Re: Erin's 2006 Civic Sedan

FWIW, with the new amps, the following power structure will apply:
    XD1000/5v2's: one for each side (left and right): tweeter and mid bridged for 200w each. Woofer gets 400w. (14.4v spec)
    XD400/4v2: rear fill. Bridged for now. 200w each. (14.4v spec)

The 12.5v input ratings bring it down to about 180w for tweeters, mids and rear fill and 360w for woofers.

2. Back To Top    #492

New trunk wall setup looks good. Did Kevin freehand that logo?

3. Back To Top    #493

He sure did. Jigsaw and a sanding block.

4. Back To Top    #494

Damn, having talented helpful friends is nice! Looks like yall made some serious progress, nice job fellers........looking forward to checking it out in person in a few weeks.....love that rv plug power hookup.....great idea!

Oh, and the erin serenade, lmao......that's funny as hell, sounds like yall had a good time while getting all that done.

5. Back To Top    #495

Extra picture of the floor enclosure. Since the car's floor isn't even, the enclosure itself doesn't have the same gap in spacing from top to bottom. On average the space about 1.5-1.75", though.

6. Back To Top    #496

those floor enclosures are ridiculous! I cant wait to hear this new setup, especially if the rear fill is integrated as well.

Maybe if you had a half hour you could help me dial mine in when youre in NC

7. Back To Top    #497
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Yep.. Gets my vote for craziest kicks I ever did see. Erin you're on a completely different level.. Somewhere between certifiable and super-hero. Glad to see the 'go big or go home' spirit is still alive and kickin'.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

8. Back To Top    #498
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I can't wait to crush that thing

9. Back To Top    #499
    Real Name
    Kelly
    Vehicle
    2004 Monte Carlo, 2003 F150 Harley Davidson Edition

I will say that that type of kick panel was a first for me. Wasn't sure what I would be getting into till I got there. I really wish I could have had one more day on those to finish sealing them and clean them up some more.

10. Back To Top    #500

well, the work you did is appreciated. I plan to add additional bracing and go with wood glue. I also plan to add a layer of lead here and there. Finishing out the enclosure won't be that tough... the hard part is going to be deciding how I want to integrate the grille to protect the woofer. I do plan on using magnets. the last setup I had, I screwed down the top layer and I always hated having to unscrew it just to get to the woofer. so I bought a few medium sized neo magnets for this. Also, I plan to make the woofer grille cover out of the corian and perforated metal I have on hand. The whole floor will have a layer of black carpet so the idea is that once it's finished, it'll all blend in with the car. not sure how much 'cosmetic' work I'll get done before the NC meet, though.