Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: 2008 Civic 4 door log. 4 months in the making! Mark Worrell Built! Scan, Dyn, PG!

1. Back To Top    #111
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: 2008 Civic 4 door log. 4 months in the making! Mark Worrell Built! Scan, Dyn, PG

Yeah no doubt. Going to be an excellent setup for sure.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #112

Re: 2008 Civic 4 door log. 4 months in the making! Mark Worrell Built! Scan, Dyn, PG

Nothing new on my setup, but I did have a four day weekend and managed to take advantage of the weather.

I did a detail and mild paint correction on the car. 2 stage polish on the hood, roof and trunk/spoiler, then did a glaze, sealant, and paste wax on the whole car. Also removed and cleaned the wheels. I recently got a new windshield due to something huge smashing it on the way to work a week ago. No deductible insurance for the win. Sorry for having a couple repetitive pics, was trying to captures the gloss/metallic of the paint with my iphone lol

3. Back To Top    #113
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Once you get everything straightened out the way you want it :cough:trip to Kinston:cough: this car is going to be a powerhouse!

It sounds great already with your "temporary" tune on it. I feel confident that I could live with just the 8s in the doors and no sub.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #114
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Really excellent job Casey. The car i sounding great and will only get better with more tuning time. Well done

5. Back To Top    #115

Thanks guys. I am definitely happy with how its turned out so far, install and sound wise.

Erin pointed out a hard pull to the left at 200-250hz and told me to try some pink noise to center it up. When I played those frequencies all I could hear was left side pretty much. I tried attenuating the left side and boosting the right, and ended up with like 13 db difference and it still wasnt right. I had a wtf moment at that point. I decided to play with TA on the mid bass. I messed with the left mid and it got better as I messed with it but I got the TA down to 0 and it still didnt center. So I brought it back where it was and started clicking away to add distance to the right midbass. Sure enough, that fixed it and centered the frequency up.

I ran through the frequencies above that as well. All of them were very close if not centered. He also said to play with my sub TA. He said it sounded out of phase but not a full 180*. I ended up using his suggestion with playing a tone at the crossover frequency and just listening for where it had the most output. I tried it with the sub phase revered and normal. I found a setting on each one that worked. Once again, it pushed all of the bass up front and blends even better now.

Kendall - I have already talked with Jeremy and am bringing him my rack next Friday. Thanks for the recommendation. I am pretty sure I could tackle it with some help but I dont want to take the risk and dont have weekends off until June. I ran it without subs from July to February and can say on 80% of stuff I would be happy. Had you asked me before I got the subs on and blended it probably would have been 95% lol. The 8's definitely carry their weight and do it well. Thanks again for the compliment on the "tune". I use the term lightly because I dont have the knowledge yet to start tweaking on it too much.

Steve - thanks for taking a listen and the compliment on it as well. Glad to see you again and meet your wife. I plan to set my gains on the amps (no fancy O scope but should be close enough) before I deliver the rack to Jeremy to put them in. I am going to have Mic fine tune the set up but he said he would have me sit with him so I can pick up on what he does and be able to make adjustments in the future.

6. Back To Top    #116

Can't wait to see those sexy Italians in their new home. And I can't believe how well he got those eights in the doors. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Back To Top    #117

Sorry for the lack of updates. I havent done anything with the car since the meet LOL. I finally drove down to Kinston, NC and delivered my rack to Jeremy to modify. Its going to be a tight fit but should work! After delivering them, we met up with Kendal and went and ate some steak at a place he recommended. I may have eaten a 10oz ribeye, 2 salads, 5 meatballs, a roll, and a loaded baked potato. I was in a food coma but managed to make the 3hr drive home safely and got in around 11:30pm

8. Back To Top    #118
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Sorry for the lack of updates. I havent done anything with the car since the meet LOL. I finally drove down to Kinston, NC and delivered my rack to Jeremy to modify. Its going to be a tight fit but should work! After delivering them, we met up with Kendal and went and ate some steak at a place he recommended. I may have eaten a 10oz ribeye, 2 salads, 5 meatballs, a roll, and a loaded baked potato. I was in a food coma but managed to make the 3hr drive home safely and got in around 11:30pm
    Has it been 3 weeks already? Doesn't seem like that long ago.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

9. Back To Top    #119

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Has it been 3 weeks already? Doesn't seem like that long ago.
    now its been 7 lol. Jeremy sent me some pics of the stuff he had to change and it looks great. I havent spoke with him recently, but he was going to run the wire in the rack. Havent been in a huge hurry to pick it up but Im sure its going to look great

10. Back To Top    #120
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    now its been 7 lol. Jeremy sent me some pics of the stuff he had to change and it looks great. I havent spoke with him recently, but he was going to run the wire in the rack. Havent been in a huge hurry to pick it up but Im sure its going to look great
    Hopefully soon.. Good to hear it's finally getting some fabrication time.
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did