Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay's 2012 Kia Rio5 Build log

1. Back To Top    #31
    Vehicle
    2004 Kia Sorento

Re: Jay's 2012 Kia Rio5 Build log

Erin or Jay, does DB allow you to cut the tracks down to create a Demo disk?

2. Back To Top    #32
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

I've never used it, but I know iTunes can. So, I may just do everything in iTunes (as ALAC's) and then convert them to FLAC with XLD after I'm done.

Jay

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Not sure about FLAC but an easy cut/edit/modify songs software is Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

4. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

I have that. I used it to make test tones for setting up gains and such. Didn't think to use it for that.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Vehicle
    2004 Kia Sorento

If you cut a FLAC file or wav. file using Audacity, are files still considered FLAC or wav.?

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

I think it saves every edit to WAV file. Even if you start as mp3. Can't remember for sure.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

7. Back To Top    #37

Awesome build!

8. Back To Top    #38
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by caraudiofab View Post
    Awesome build!
    Thanks, Mark. I've got a few things to get done before Jason's meet at the end of April.
    I just got orders from Digikey and Sparkfun, and I don't have any side work to handle this weekend,
    so I hope to make some progress.

After that, then I'm going to work on my tablet install. Which means putting my 12vtools router bits and my Woodpeckers router table to use!

Hope the weather warms up some.

Jay

9. Back To Top    #39
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

I found an app for my tablet called Rocket Player, and it will play ALAC's as well as FLAC's, so I can encode the stuff I want in iTunes and use an app from the same company to sync my iTunes library to my tablet. It also has a 10 band EQ built in that can be applied to individual songs, genres, etc. (Or so I understand it, anyway).

Also been working on my rear-view mirrow/BitOne display project. Ended up using the mirrored plexi I bought. I think it will work well, but I lost my day/night functionality. I may hit up the junk yard and look for some more mirrors and try it later again with the actual glass.

Jay

10. Back To Top    #40
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

OK. Remote Start season is winding down, the weather is warming up and I got some motivation!

Decided to move some stuff around, so the only thing going IN the mirror is the LCD Display for the BitOne. The main part of the DRC will go down by the HU. This gave me a little better access to it.

I used a Cat6 cable I had laying around, cut it in half, and covered part of it in black techflex.

[IMG][/IMG]

A while back I bought some mirrored plexi for this project, but decided to try it with the original glass mirror, and it didn't work as well as I had hoped, so I went back to the plexi. Works pretty good, but because the original glass was cut in a wedge shape, and the plexi isn't, I lost my day/night mirror functionality. :mean:

[IMG][/IMG]

I used some foam inside the mirror to make sure there was no rattling.

[IMG][/IMG]

I used some female .1" headers to make a couple of 8 pin plugs for the display making it an easy swap if it dies. (But didn't really get pics.)

I also made a small circuit board with a couple of RJ45 jacks on it for the cat6 to plug in to. (No pics at the moment) and then soldered some wires I had already attached to the DRC board to the RJ45 Jacks.

I've been experimenting on this particular DRC for quite some time, and I don't know if it could handle much more. I already burned a trace or two, and had to track down where they went. I may swap it for a newer one at some point, but for now, I'm OK with it.

Anyway, here's an example of how well the plexi works as a mirror:

[IMG][/IMG]

Oh, I also put some tape on the back of the plexi to block out any light from behind so it wouldn't show through and become a distraction.

[IMG][/IMG]

With it all snapped back together, I used 3 AAA batteries to fire up the backlighting just for testing. Here's some pics of the mirror/display in action.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I plan to add a contrast adjustment and illumination circuit to the board with the RJ45 jacks on it so it's relatively easy to get to to make changes.

Anyway, that's it for now.

Jay