Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Jay's 2012 Kia Rio5 Build log

1. Back To Top    #201
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Re: Jay's 2012 Kia Rio5 Build log

Hey Dave,
    I really liked working for the Sound Advantage, but I couldn't afford to stay, and my old boss made me an offer I couldn't refuse. This will be the 3rd time I've worked at Car Tunes. I don't know if I'll enjoy it as much, but I'll still get to work on some cool stuff and I'll make a bunch more money, so I'll deal with it.
    Right now, I just want to bang out starters because I make $5-12 ea on top of everything else. lol

Jay

2. Back To Top    #202
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Wow. Haven't been in here in a while. So, about 3 months ago, the guy at the oil change place said I was about a quart low. The last time I got the oil changed (a month and a half later) it wasn't even registering on the dipstick. It only takes 3.9 quarts to begin with. It needed strut mounts, ball joints, possibly struts, and one of the TPMS sensors went bad. I also crossed over 151000 miles. So I was at a crossroads. I could either put a grand or so into it and still have a car that randomly DEVOURS oil (not leaking, doesn't seem to be burning it, but must be.) or I can get something newer. I went with option #2.

I picked up a Certified Pre-owned '15 Mazda 6 i Touring in Snowflake White Pearl. It has everything I want, except I might add a Homelink rearview mirror and foglights.

I pulled the amps, tablet, sub and Bit One out of the Rio. I left the kicks, mid pods as well as the speakers in them. I left the amp rack.

My payment went down about $1/mo and my insurance has an $11.38 prorated sum on the next payment, and then they will be about $1 less per month than it was on the Rio.

So far I LOVE this thing.

Jay

3. Back To Top    #203

sweet ride, man! I really like that 6 series a lot. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
    -- SQ is great, but sometimes nostalgia is greater. --

Follow my blog:
    https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/

4. Back To Top    #204

Been loving the mazdas since their redesign a while back.....sexy lines in that bodywork!

5. Back To Top    #205
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quite honestly, it's a lot of car for the money. I found several 14-15's for around $17k. One of the ones I was looking at was silver, CPO and only had 10k miles on it. It's very tight. Nothing on this one squeaks and it has 36k on it. I'm pretty impressed so far. Also, the trunk is about 40" deep. It's huge!

Jay

6. Back To Top    #206
    Real Name
    Ryan
    Vehicle
    '15 Camry XLE V6

Very nice car. I read that they are one of the more agile mid-size sedans

7. Back To Top    #207
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

One of the long term reviews I read said it was extremley rigid which contributes to it's lack of squeaks. They said it was delivered "tight" and stayed that way.
    It got great reviews, even better than the IS250 I was looking at first!

And tonight, I ALMOST got a 2'x4' piece of MDF in the trunk, only about 6" short, so I had to fold the seat down a little. There's SO much room.

Jay

8. Back To Top    #208
    Vehicle
    Civic Si Sedan

Are those still on same chassis/platform as the Ford Fusion these days? I dig both cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2008 Civic Si Sedan
    Build Log
    You measure with REW? Consider donating. I did

9. Back To Top    #209
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

I don't believe so. IIRC, Ford sold their stake in Mazda a while back, and I know the electrical systems are TOTALLY different than the comparable Fusion.
    This also seems bigger than a Fusion to me.

10. Back To Top    #210

Real Name
    Glenn (GLN305)
    Vehicle
    1996 Dodge Dakota Reg Cab

Upgrade city! Man, those 6's are some nice cars. Can't wait to see what sort of plans you have in store.
    "Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
    -Albert Einstein