Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Jay's 2012 Kia Rio5 Build log

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Jay's 2012 Kia Rio5 Build log

Very nice work indeed. Liking all the integration you have going on. That's good stuff for sure!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by papacueball View Post
    Good stuff here! I especially like the DRC in the mirror idea. Where did you find the new display, and do they come in white on black?
    I got it from Sparkfun. They are available in white on black, red on black and green on black. They are a little bigger than the factory display, and the pin outs are different.

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Damn that's some serious modding you got going on, very cool idea for the bit one display in the mirror. And that arduino controller is a badass idea man, makes me wish I could actually code properly. Definitely looking forward to more of this.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

^^^ I know, right?

Makes me want to integrate the Zapco DRC somewhere else now, and go back to a double din head unit.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #15

I went with a double din HU just to be able to incorporate a rear camera for my wife

Kelvin

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    Damn that's some serious modding you got going on, very cool idea for the bit one display in the mirror. And that arduino controller is a badass idea man, makes me wish I could actually code properly. Definitely looking forward to more of this.
    I used to program in BASIC and Assembly and was starting to learn OS9 (similar to OS2 for the platform I was using) when I was a kid. When my dad bought a PC, I quit because you could just download or buy anything you needed or wanted. Most of the programming was simple if...then...else type stuff for the arduino, so it wasn't rocket science to do.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2015 Mazda 6i Touring

Quote Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
    I went with a double din HU just to be able to incorporate a rear camera for my wife

Kelvin
    I'm thinking of moving to a tablet, but I don't want to give up my BU camera. I have some ideas on that front, too.

Jay

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Mark
    Vehicle
    2007 Ford Mustang

Your rear view mirror mod is a great idea I've seen that on a few new cars and it's awesome. Have you been stopped yet for the windshield tint...

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

If a police officer has learned anything from older officers, he knows the shooter always rides in the rear.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Paul
    Vehicle
    2006 MINI Cooper S Checkmate Edition

Quote Originally Posted by JayinMI View Post
    OK. I've been working on this car for about 2.5 years (not real diligently) and finally got sound a few days after attending Finals in Tennessee. I was hoping to have sound for Finals and maybe take advantage of some experienced ears, but software issues kept that from happening.

Many people have probably seen this over on the "DIY" site, so I'll condense things to get to the point I'm at now.

Next, I built some pods for my 3's and tweets to use the the area by the small front windows. I aimed them with a laser pointer at the opposing corners above the A pillar at the headliner, intending to reduce reflections from the glass.

What a nice build. The technical and aesthetic integration is impressive. I might even have to go over to the other place to get more details.

Did you do any listening or measurements before determining your final pod speaker orientations?