Thread: Has anybody here done point-of-sale stuff?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Has anybody here done point-of-sale stuff?

My mom does arts and crafts stuff...jewelry, baby clothes, wreaths, etc. I set her up with her own retail site, but most of her stuff is sold by word of mouth. She's now looking to expand her little empire and has been talking with a lady at her church that owns a trendy little soda fountain/bistro which also has a small retail section. They are talking about setting her up with a little corner booth to sell her stuff on a consignment-type of setup, but the owner wants to keep my mom's money separate from the main business.

My mom is going to leave a cash box there for the lady to use as a cash till, but she's looking for a way to process credit card payments. I've been looking at Square (squareup) and its PayPal equivalent, but both would require that my mom leaves either a tablet or phone to process the payment, since the dongle plug into the headset jack. On top of that, there's no easy way to print a receipt, unless they do a hand-written bill. The only other option that I could find would be a VeriFone POS terminal, but that's getting into some major $$$.

Has anybody here done any CC payments or have any other thoughts on the subject?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Has anybody here done point-of-sale stuff?

I found this while searching [ hope it helps ]

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/set-u...ards-1969.html

How to Set Up My Business to Accept Credit Cards

Call or visit the bank where you have your business accounts. Traditional banking institutions — particularly the ones specializing in business banking services — still offer traditional merchant accounts and credit card processing equipment. A traditional merchant account through the bank usually requires you to have good credit, however, going through a local bank where you have an established relationship offers the added benefit of personal interaction and help, if questions or problems arise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pos-systems-review.toptenreviews.com/

I have no experience with what you need , sorry
    Last edited by Hic; 10-25-2014 at 08:55 AM.
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Hic
    Vehicle
    99 Contour SVT

Re: Has anybody here done point-of-sale stuff?

Wikipedia lists 75 different online payment service providers internationally, from user-to-user mobile payments like Square Cash or Venmo, or user-to-vendor like LevelUp. Apple Pay, introduced last month, promises to add to the digital payment gold rush.
    Square Cash and Venmo allow me to pay friends and to view their transactions

Google Wallet started as user-to-vendor and now works mostly as user-to-user

LevelUp lets me pay participating businesses
    Viewing Smilies , you trying to access privileged system?¤Somewhere 0ut There¤}]