Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Honda Fit

1. Back To Top    #21
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Re: 2013 Honda Fit

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    Said nobody ever

I have an aftermarket intake so I could put a larger battery in there, likely a 34 but I'd have to fabricate a new battery tray, never felt the need, I never listen with the car off to be honest.

BUT when it was killing flooded batteries all the time, under warranty, and the Stinger lasted over 3 winter/summer cycles the service department's ears perked up... A motorcycle battery is just not appropriate for a car.....
    touche, i should've said as ideal as reasonably possible with the factory battery mount/location

same here, i'm not too horribly worried about it. also bought the car in may and only have 6k on it, so a dying battery isn't my problem yet except for potentially leaving me stranded that stinger battery does sound pretty good though, i'll have to look into getting one of those to fit.

2. Back To Top    #22
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

made some progress today.

first, i gave her a bath. finally some closer pics of the car:

next, i tackled getting the power wire through the firewall. unfortunately that means removing the stock airbox, which did this to my walmart screwdriver (which i actually really liked for around the house work...) and it actually happened to both phillips bits unfortunately. decided to change routes and used my step dad's snap on sockets to get the bolts off instead, phillips are a waste of time

so, this is the view of the target grommet we'll be using in the car with the airbox top off. it's a bad picture, but my iphone is all i've got. it's the area surrounded by white.

unfortunately, the firewall is more than a foot behind where the hood ends, and because of how much shit is crammed back in there, there's literally no way for me to even come close to getting my arm in far enough to put a hole in the grommet.

so, i tackled it from the inside. i didn't take any pictures, but i poked it with a few tools and ended with phillips screwdriver about 3/4 the size of the 8 gauge nvx wire. then i taped the wire to a wire clothes hanger, pushed it through from the inside, got some pliers and pulled it through. always use lube for tight holes i always use windex for pulling wire, less messy than wd40. unfortunately, i have no pictures of this process, but i snapped a picture of the grommet from the inside with the wire through already:

that's the end of the pictures i took. the power wire is all the way to the amp at this point (as is the turn on wire) though not connected yet. i ran the power up with some wiring harnesses across the front of the car to the passenger side and then down through the kicks and front door sill, then it cuts over under the carpet with the seat weight sensor for the airbag, which puts it in a perfect spot for the amp. still on the list to do are speaker wire and rca's. the rca's are behind the lower glovebox right now - i was going to run them but ended up zip tying them back there for another day, as i'm not sure which way i want to go with running them. my next day off i may disassemble the center console and see if i can make the rca's follow the tube for the underseat vent, which would be ideal. otherwise, they're probably going to have to just follow the same route as the power wire

also found my box carpet and my roller from second skin, so the box will definitely be covered shortly after being built and hopefully deadening the passenger side door will be a bit better with the roller

3. Back To Top    #23
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Nice progress sir!
    Are you not entertained?!?!

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Nick
    Vehicle
    2005 Dodge Magnum R/T

Well that's what you get when you don'y have tiny little Asian child hands.

Great work so far.

5. Back To Top    #25
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Nice progress sir!
    slow and steady wins the race

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-FiDelity View Post
    Well that's what you get when you don'y have tiny little Asian child hands.

Great work so far.
    hahaha, truth. i was more bummed than i should've been over ruining that $8 screwdriver thanks!

6. Back To Top    #26
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

daniel got the box cut and assembled today here's some pics so far.

tomorrow he's sanding it smooth and getting all seams sealed nice and tight, and probably getting a terminal cup. looks like the building went well, so my design has apparently worked to some extent - should be able to pick it up tomorrow at some point, but i'm not sure if i'll be able to get sound out of it yet, at least not in the fit. might try hooking it up in my girlfriend's car for funsies on the kicker zx400.1

that was a nice finish to my work day, now to finish up wiring and get some noise!

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Looking good!

Progress is being made
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

8. Back To Top    #28

definitely coming along nicely

9. Back To Top    #29
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

well, i just got the chance to play with the sub a bit just now. it's definitely got no problems with volume, girlfriend came out of our apartment complex and told me to turn it down it actually sounds fantastic, it's more linear than my jl 12w3v3 in the jl recommended ported box and seems to get just as low, if not lower, with ease. it did require significantly higher power (gain on the kicker zx400.1 in my girlfriend's car is minimum with the jl and anywhere from +1 to +3 on the 80prs) as even at +6 on the 80prs, it didn't do much with minimum gain. turned the gain up a bit, though, and man did it impress me, especially for $100. i'll keep the "sound quality" review out of it for now, as i didn't have much time - just wanted to make sure it's working properly. i will say that it seemed to sound overall better than the w3v3 to my ears, and doesn't have any issues with keeping up with fast kicks/double kicks. it really surprised me at how it seemed to get low so effortlessly though, given its size. the box isn't exactly huge either. actually, when i went to daniel's to pick it up, i was looking for it in the garage when we went in and never saw it until he pointed to it - much smaller in person than the pictures make it out to be

we're working on a bracket for the power fuse and on tuesday i'll either meet up with him again to finish some stuff up or head over to my parent's place and finish there. either way, the car seems to be on track to be finished by the meet, just might not have the box carpeted by then since i'm lazy will get pictures of the box with the sub mounted to it tomorrow.

10. Back To Top    #30
    Real Name
    Steve
    Vehicle
    2016 Transit Connect

Quote Originally Posted by Serieus View Post
    hahhaa, i'm with you there. i don't see any on there, i'm not sure what i'll end up doing. if i can get a 51r that'd be ideal, i'd probably go with one of those exide batteries. might take a closer look into all of this tomorrow. my girlfriend's civic needs a new battery or she's not going to make it through this winter, so i'll be able to test fit the old one and see what i need to get done
    Good thinking. When I got my Mazda, I knew I wanted to replace the battery in it with one that had much more capacity. Her ride is a 2009 and her battery was on its way out anyway so me giving her my "new" battery from my new car made for an easy pickup of the bigger Kinetik battery for my Mazda