Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Honda Fit

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: 2013 Honda Fit

Pretty cool stuff right there! Have you heard any rattles from that amp rack?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

sounds good Casey, will do! no rattles yet, but it did occur to me today that it might have some eventually if the bolts loosen. if that happens I may do some foam under the washers, but if I remember right you used locknuts so it should be alright!

I found two candidates for where to pull in the power wire through the firewall, may work on that before work tomorrow and try to find somewhere to mount the fuse holder as well

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Chad, among other colorful phrases.
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Serieus View Post

view of the spare tire area, i could potentially glass an enclosure and probably even use the spare's mounting bolt to hold the enclosure in, but i'd be limited on depth and it'd be rough to do a ported enclosure. may be an option if i upgrade to the sundown sd-2 8's in the future, maybe i could fit a pair of them down there...
    I flipped the spare hold-down, glassed into the rim and raised the floor around 4" using a conventional MDF enclosure in top of the glass tub. The tub houses the magnet and gives me about .3 cubic feet IIRC, could have been less. I'd have to look. I'm at .7 cubes vented.

False floor covers amp on one side of the enclosure, the enclosure and onthe other side of the enclosure a 55A power supply so I can plug it in because Honda battery sizing sucks.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Yeah! nice! I'm ready to hear it. Keep up the good work.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

5. Back To Top    #15
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    I flipped the spare hold-down, glassed into the rim and raised the floor around 4" using a conventional MDF enclosure in top of the glass tub. The tub houses the magnet and gives me about .3 cubic feet IIRC, could have been less. I'd have to look. I'm at .7 cubes vented.

False floor covers amp on one side of the enclosure, the enclosure and onthe other side of the enclosure a 55A power supply so I can plug it in because Honda battery sizing sucks.
    we'll see, i might look into that as well. i've got a good amount of time to think about it, just trying to get sound out of all this crap agreed on the battery sizes. the fit uses a group 151r battery (yep, 151r, not 51r) and the factory location makes it rough to fit anything bigger due to the stock airbox. might be able to get a group 51r in, and i've seen a shuriken agm battery installed on fitfreak.net that has much better specs than the stock 151r as well, and it was a bit smaller than a 51r.

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Yeah! nice! I'm ready to hear it. Keep up the good work.
    i'm ready to hear it too

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

I hear you on the sound NOW

I rocked a test box for a long time to make damn sure it was what I wanted before I put a ton of time into design/glassing/etc.

My civic would eat batteries in less than a year and I don't listen parked and I have a fairly low power rig. I used a Stinger SPV35 for a long time and REALLY liked it. I live in a climate that batteries hate also. Now I'm using an Exide AGM that is a drop-in for a 51R (had to shim the SPV35 up a bit) The exide is hanging in there quite well. IF you do like to tinker/tune/show it then I'd recommend a power supply like an Iota, etc.. IT was an impulse install that paid off.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

will have to check out the battery situation, i haven't done any measurements myself, but the Shuriken BT35 is the one i was talking about that i've seen in another fit build log (linky here) and would probably be pretty simple. the engine bay in this little car is intimidating as hell, that's for sure. i hear you on the power supply and it's part of the eventual plan, i just live in a cheap apartment complex next to where i went to school (UNCC) so it wouldn't find any use right now without a power outlet we're planning to move a few miles down to an apartment complex and rent a unit with a garage, will hopefully be in one of those by next summer.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

the Exide is drop in for a 51R dunno if they make one that fits yours... http://www.exide.com/us/en/product-s...otive-agm.aspx

Anytime I see a battery rated in terms of system watts I'm like.....

Last edited by chad; 10-22-2014 at 01:39 PM.

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    2023 Mazda CX-5

hahhaa, i'm with you there. i don't see any on there, i'm not sure what i'll end up doing. if i can get a 51r that'd be ideal, i'd probably go with one of those exide batteries. might take a closer look into all of this tomorrow. my girlfriend's civic needs a new battery or she's not going to make it through this winter, so i'll be able to test fit the old one and see what i need to get done

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Vehicle
    2004 Civic Si

Quote Originally Posted by Serieus View Post
    if i can get a 51r that'd be ideal,
    Said nobody ever

I have an aftermarket intake so I could put a larger battery in there, likely a 34 but I'd have to fabricate a new battery tray, never felt the need, I never listen with the car off to be honest.

BUT when it was killing flooded batteries all the time, under warranty, and the Stinger lasted over 3 winter/summer cycles the service department's ears perked up... A motorcycle battery is just not appropriate for a car.....